Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm glad that I bought that!

I'm glad that I bought that!

In contrast to the thread on things you wish you'd never bought, how about things that you're really glad you did invest on? To kick things off:

• Reloading kit....has saved me more than it cost after less than a year's use and I've developed some stunningly accurate loads so win-win
    • Nightforce scope...worth the investment for rugged reliability and good optics for much less than a premium European Scope
    • T3: Everyone's got one and now I know why
    • Taking a risk and after a shed load of expensive failures with Volvos and VW group vehicles, investing in a used Lexus. The most comfortable, reliable, nicest to drive thing I've ever owned. If I ever go 4WD it will be a Landcruiser...Toyota group vehicles just seem to work without the usual headaches.
    • Insect repellent treated army surplus for stalking: no tick bites since use, cheap, tough and does the job at a fraction of Gucci kit. I don't care of I look like poorly turned out squaddy and the deer don't seem to mind either.

Toyota landcruiser , trouble free motoring
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Pocket binoculars that now live in my dummy bag as invariably I see deer when I'm out with the dogs and previously I'd just see a brown animal and not be able to identify it.

eka swingblade brilliant piece of kit

- my dog (despite my comment in the "Wish I'd never bought that" thread ); she has been an outstanding retriever, pheasant flusher and generally ace companion.
    - my wife's dog, Stanley the Bedlington terrier. Very much a pet not a working dog, but has brought so much happiness and amusement to the house, especially for my wife and daughter.
    - my Sako .308
    - Frost clipper knives
    - a pair of minox binos
    - my BSA r10
    - my Nissan terrano shooting truck; for what i paid for it and for what i use it for, it has been fantastic.
    - a windproof smock to wear instead of a waterproof one
    Nothing is worse than having an itch you can never scratch

"...Nicely just doesn't cut the cheese....." A new twist on management-speak courtesy of a colleague.

Knobloch shooting sticks
    "He who drags the deer has the last laugh (mainly because he has to get his breath back)"

Two things first a survival blanket. when I broke my leg skiing in deep snow it quite literally would have saved my life had they not got to me so quick, secondly my teeth. Had bad teeth from boxing and stuff so bought them and it made me feel heaps better

Quote Originally Posted by heymman View Post
    eka swingblade brilliant piece of kit
    +1 , just got a nice leather sheath for it from Amazon

Lowa Hunter GTX Boots
    Theoben MFR.20
    Lightstream Scope
    Indian Runner Ducks
    Load of Euro's before the referendum

Harris Bipods - the cheap clones I used in the past were terrible.

Decent neoprene lined wellies!