Sako .270 lv model??

Gunner1985

Hi guys

Just looking for a bit of info on a Sako .270 lv model I've seen one for sale on the Internet but not seen it for real yet.
what is the lv model??
any other info would be great..

cheers
Aaron

I may be wrong, but I believe it's the action length, so it may be a sako 75 for example with a long action.

The lv would probably be IV (4 in roman numerals). My Sako 75 is the action length III as it's .243.

Hi guys

Just looking for a bit of info on a Sako .270 lv model I've seen one for sale on the Internet but not seen it for real yet.
what is the lv model??
any other info would be great..

cheers
Aaron

Hi,

I agree with the above it looks like it's been listed with it's action length (IV rather than lv, and in this case long).

What you really need is the model number - e.g 85, 75, L691, L61 R.

More information here
Sako old models | SAKO

Be aware that the L691 and L61 R are very similar to but the L61 R is a narrower action. I have a L691 LH and am very pleased with it.

Siggy.

Thanks for the quick replies guys..

yer I was wondering if anyone could tell what model number it was 75 85 etc by being a IV.
I did just read on the internet that the IV was the length of the action eg .270

The person selling it should be telling you this, if its a 75 it will say "SAKO 75 IV" on the side of the action.

It's not difficult to identify Sako models.

The person selling it should be telling you this, if its a 75 it will say "SAKO 75 IV" on the side of the action.

It's not difficult to identify Sako models.

Picked my SAKO IV up yesterday and all it has on it is model IV (no 75or85)
still a lovely gun and shoots straight, zero in at 100yards less then a 1 inch group so happy days!!

Picked my SAKO IV up yesterday and all it has on it is model IV (no 75or85)
still a lovely gun and shoots straight, zero in at 100yards less then a 1 inch group so happy days!!

Glad you are pleased with it.

A couple of photo's of both sides of the action would help pin it down.

The long action rifles in the Sako 'A' series were designated both AIV and AV at different times during their production run.
Wikipedia doesn't know everything!

Just cleaned my Sako 75 Hunter & it's identical to this, apart from the action length being III

Back