Thread: Stalkig with Kevin F

Stalkig with Kevin F

Met Kevin as arranged at 6pm drove straight to the ground, and after the usual introductions and a briefing we were off to the woods had only been in the woods for about 10 minutes when the first buck, was spotted about 70yards and a good heart shot he was mine (happy days) carried on further into the woods trying to be as silent as I could with me in woodland you just as well hang a bell around my neck, we went further through the woodland and I saw deer everywhere and not just signs but actual deer, Fallow Roe and Muntjac in abundance I eventually ended up in a high seat it was magic just to see all the wildlife going about their business without a care in the world and then a Muntjac appeared about 170yds ,then the old pulse started to race a bit (and I mean old pulse) as I had never shot a muntjac before, after I had calmed myself another heart shot and he was mine, I must say I was so elated I nearly fell out if the seat it was brilliant, needless to say I will be booking my next trip A.S.A.P.
    And my thanks go to Kevin and keeper Dave for a memorable evening.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)

Sounds like a fantastic evening - congratulations to both you and Kevin!

Having been a beater on the shoot on that ground many years ago it is, as you say, full of deer. It's also classic Berkshire countryside, so chock full of other wildlife as well.

Congratulations again on your first muntie - the first of many I'm sure!

O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!