Harold the hairy hare!

willie_gunn

Had this hare come right up to me last night - a benefit of being out with the camera but without the dogs!

_DJR0785_zpswuzgt3mq.jpg

_DJR0787_zpsdwkonjsy.jpg

_DJR0764_zpsceifpnrf.jpg

Good old Puss, never know what they will do next. Good photos Dom

John

Yes that is the best pic too the all important eyes are clear and well focused,the other photos lack this slight detail and the B+W reduces the impact of the grass stalk in front.

Great pic mate.

Superb pictures! Have you ever called a hare in? I've done it a lot just to have a closer look at them. They're one of my favourite UK animals. If you suck the palm of your hand to make a 'distressed rabbit' sound chances are a hare will come screaming in to have a look. If you're well-enough hidden, and the wind's in your favour they'll come in to within feet of you :thumb:

Great pic Dom, I regularly get them feeding around the motor when I am set up for foxing on one particular farm, I get the feel they have been resident for years.

Lovely pictures.

If you ever think of printing some off on a decent sized photo paper (A4 or larger) to raise some cash for yourself or your favourite charity then please put me down for a copy of the B&W one.

Several of my permissions have a very healthy hare population and they regularly come close for a look-see - even after I've fired a few shots. I have even shot (well) over their heads at rabbits & foxes and they just look around and carry on.

Nobody I know shoots them. Lovely creatures.

I've been clay pigeon shooting a few times over the last month & at 2 different grounds when I've arrived at the rabbit stand there's been a hare sitting perfectly still in front of it (I'm usually first to go round). The first time I thought it was a stuffed or model one to show what the stand was; I got quite a start when it turned it's head to look at me. They seemed pretty chilled about me being there & I had to shoo them both away.

Back