Thread: Macc Tecc V2

Macc Tecc V2

Looking to upgrade my Hardy mod on a .308. The Macc Tecc V2 (made by Barton GunWorks and sold as Mac Tecc by Edgar Bros) looks usefully smaller and lighter than my Gen 4 Hardy. I believe they come standard on a Mauser M12 Impact. Anyone know if they are any good? Also if anyone uses the smaller V1 version on a .308 I would be interested to know how effective they are?

I have used both and a hardy gen 4

the BGW mod gen1 or 2 is an awesome bit of kit , really well suited to a stalking setup , you will be surprised just how good they are for the size and weight
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

If you can, get your hands on a DPT to compare alongside the Macc Tecc. I have a Hardy Gen IV on my 6.5x55, but went with the DPT for my .308.

£260, 30g lighter than the Hardy and comes apart.
    Sako 75 6.5x55 - Z6i 3-18x50. Sako 75 .308 Habicht 2.5-10x56. Beretta 690. Benelli M2.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thought about the DPT which has a good reputation only it's the same size as the Hardy, although marginally lighter. The Macc Teccs are significantly smaller and lighter, I appreciate you will inevitably loose some of the sound reduction with a smaller mod but I do tend to wear ear plugs anyway (apart from the odd unavoidable shot).

Sound suppression is excellent with the Mac tech
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

How does the macctech compare with A-Tec Hertz?
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"