Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Driven Boar Trips Abroad

Driven Boar Trips Abroad

I know most 'normal people' are booking family holidays to the seaside etc but what is going on behind the scenes !!
    Now that the Driven Boar season is over, I know, I know, you lucky chaps that go after trohies can go all year round but I am talking 'rank and file' folk like myself!
    How many of you have booked already or are still looking at Web Sites or pamphlets.
    How has the drop in value of the pound or the strength of the Euro affected your planning or are you going to ask the wife to get another job to help pay for it !!
    They are all certain to cost more this year so start saving chaps.

So am I the only one doing any planning?
    Or do other members wives have access to the PC!!

I am hunting boar latter this year but were I am going I will not be paying in euros not that there is any trophy charges anyway.

Best rgds

Hi edi. I wasnt planning, more hoping really, but I just had this which has changed things a bit.

From Late August to mid January
    LANGUEDOC REGION (2 days stay)
    Access: From Marseille, Toulouse or Montpellier a couple of hours drive. Open high hills scrubland on
    thousands of hectares. For 2 hunters: 745 euros each, (868 euros for a hunter alone). Included: 2 days wild boar hunting in a group of local hunters. Organization & Ghillie fees. Licenses and insurances. Half board
    accommodation for 3 nights in a country B&B near the estate.

Access: By car from England, by Calais, 1 hour, or 2h30 driving from Paris. Open territory of over 1000 ha.
    Group days on fixed dates. 30 guns on pegs. Mixed bag of wild boar, mufflon and roe-deer. For 2 hunters, 633 euros each. Price for 1 hunter alone 708 euros. Included: License and insurance. Gun fee, and lunch at the hunt Accommodation the night before the hunt in a quaint hotel on seashore (wife endorsed place). No overcharge for quarry shot. Not included: Other meals. NB: The prices for this place have not been published yet, this is based on the tariff 2007, a small increase is possible.

I have more offers as well. They all seem very reasonable and will tempt me out this year.

Grant, I was just about to dive in there and ask for more info dates etc but then realised it was France!
    My favourite rifle is a .308 now and that seems to be a big No No in France!!
    My old 7x57 O/U would have been ideal but now I am settled in England, have been for some years now, I've settled for the .308 and don't intend to change.
    Those prices seem very reasonable but to start in August seems a little early for driven Boar.
    The sows will still have a lot of piglets with them and if a sow is taken at that early stage it will do them a lot of harm!!
    October/November would be better for the shooters as well, as they would not have to hold back on anything that moves!!

Hi EMcC,

I haven't been checking, and lucky me, the missus wouldn't mind even if I did, for sure I would be interested in a driven boar shoot sometime.
    I too have a .308 so I suppose that and the price/value points towards Poland or Croatia> Would do you recommend?

Hi all,
    just posted the info for a trip to Poland in jan 2009 (around the full moon on the 11th). Anyone interested let me know. spaces very limited.

GEO, My Poland contacts have priced themselves out of my purse so am going to Croatia again but definitely not with one of the ones I went with last year, unless he changes his organising skills.
    I have also booked a trip to the Czech Republic but that is a bit different from my previous trips so can't offer any advice on that yet.
    There are some good prices advertised in various places but it is the trophy fees that you have to be careful of.
    Even if the trophy fees are reasonable, if you get a 'hot spot' during the excitement you can easily run up a bill equivalent to another weeks holiday!!

Hi chaps if the calibre puts France out of the equation then what about this. Should be warmer and the calibre is ok.

We start to book our summer hunts for wildboar in province of Granada, South Spain 50 min from Granada´s airport. 2300 hectar open area. Much wildboar and really good tuskers.
    5 travel days, 4 full hunting days (morning and evening) waiting on pass.
    -Transfers from Granada´s airport and all transports
    -4 nights accomodation full board
    -PH with 4X4, and areas permits
    -cleaning and measuring the trophies

PRICE 1.000 Euro
    Extra to pay:
    -Hunting license and insurance (150 euro/hunter)
    -Personally wishes
    -trophy fees (see list)

-till 50 kg------------------------------100 €
    -female--------------------------------200 €
    -Tusker till 3,9 cm out-----------------250 €
    -4 bis 5 cm out------------------------300 €
    -5 bis 5,9 cm out----------------------400 €
    - + 6 cm------------------------------550 €

Sounds bloody good to me.

Sounds too expensive to me because 6cm tusks are not a trophy and in Croatia you don't pay for that more than 150 Euros.
    Trophy fee during driven boar hunts is not fair nor reasonable for various of reasons.
    Simply you shoot at runing game and you can't see it's tusks or to be sure of their size.