Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Only Brain Dead Need Apply

Only Brain Dead Need Apply

Vacancies > Stalker, Mar Lodge Estate Stalker, Mar Lodge Estate - Permanent - full time

Added to site: 18 July 2016
    Salary: £17,160 rising to 17,772 on satisfactory completion of one year's service. Accommodation may be available.
    Closing date: Friday 5 August 2016
    The successful candidate will join a team of 5 working with the Head Stalker in managing and enhancing the game resource and conservation activities on Mar Lodge Estate. This includes working in some of the most ecologically significant wildlife communities within the Cairngorms National Park.

The location of the Estate in such an area of environmental significance, as well as the high levels of public usage, means that the role is often employed in practical ways to manage the potential conflicts between these interests.

We are looking for an individual with a strong knowledge of both Red Deer stalking and Conservation Management. Experience in Grouse Production and Estate Maintenance would also be an advantage.

Please refer to the Job Description below for full details of this role.

Contact details:
    Completed applications should be sent by email via or by mail to People Services Department (Applications), The National Trust for Scotland, Hermiston Quay, 5 Cultins Road Edinburgh EH11 4DF to arrive by 10.00am on on Friday, 5th August 2016.

Don't really understand your title. The pay isn't a fortune, but how many stalkers are in it just for the money ?

The title of this post is an insult, why share the advert if that is your opinion?

I suggest you take a look at "Deerpaths" recent posts. They will give you the measure of the man. Stalking is not his interest I would hypothesise.

I would agree with the previous replies. Very few are in it for the money (just as well !), and if I lived up that way I'd certainly consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    The title of this post is an insult, why share the advert if that is your opinion?
    Come on fair play,,,, '' Brain Dead '' the Must QUALIFICATION , needed for National Trust employment
    Last edited by 49ERIC; 25-07-2016 at 23:35.

Having spent time in the company of the head stalker at Mar Lodge, not as a client, I can assure you that brain dead is something he is not, or I believe would not tolerate.

If I was able to have my time again I would apply for a role like that. And with the possibility of accommodation as well, I'd be all over that!

I agree with others though about the thread title - Why put something like that?

A few on this thread need not apply. For many this would be a dream job. Mar are doing something different, time will tell if its right or wrong. At least it has a direction and purpose these days. I've worked for NTS (albeit 30 years ago!) and if I had a few more quid behind me I'd be seriously thinking on this one.
    I can resist everything, except temptation.

Only Brain Dead Need Apply perfect job for Hayduke then