Blaser R93 is Retired

mchughcb

After many years as most vilified rifle for blowing up in peoples faces with the same blighter becoming infamous on the interwebs, Blaser has decided to retire the model and move forward with the R8.

Please report all R8 facial blow-ups in this thread.

thanks
Chuck

Apparently the last run of stocks was in July. I wanted a success but wasn't willing to pay £1500 for one. Cos I'm a tightwad and I could buy a new tikka for that and have change. :D

That's a pity love mine but can't see myself going down the r8 route, too heavy and pistol grip is too fat. Trigger is nice though. Anyone know if they will stop producing barrels too?
Have a few friend that changed r93-r8. But know as many that had r93 for years but wouldn't go for r8 and switched brands completely.

Love my R8. Gradually sold all the other bolt guns apart from one, and that's only because Blaser don't chamber the 9.3x64 Brenneke. Just received a 500 Jeffrey R8 with steel reciever and kickstop. Now I shoot everything from rabbits to Buffalo with the same gun.
However in saying that I also appreciate and respect many other makes of firearms. Everyone to their own I guess.

another r8 owner here. 3 barrels. 243, 308 and 375.

i only wish they did a 22lr conversion and i would be a one gun man.

Another 12 months or more. Plenty of stock around and its not like it wears out.

So nobody is posting their R8 blow-ups?

I would have thought there would have been plenty of evidence by now after 8 years of production of people walking around with a bolt sticking out of their eye?

Another 12 months or more. Plenty of stock around and its not like it wears out.

So nobody is posting their R8 blow-ups?

I would have thought there would have been plenty of evidence by now after 8 years of production of people walking around with a bolt sticking out of their eye?

Perhaps the American that blew up the R93 using pistol powder hasn't tried to repeat the experiment with an R8....or perhaps the R8 just withstood it

(Edit- note to half wits etc. Only use Rifle powders/loads from published manufacturers data - Pistol powders/overloads will blow up any rifle)

Last edited:
Perhaps the American that blew up the R93 using pistol powder hasn't tried to repeat the experiment with an R8....or perhaps the R8 just withstood it

(Edit- note to half wits etc. Only use Rifle powders/loads from published manufacturers data - Pistol powders/overloads will blow up any rifle)

Agree Tim just waiting for the usual protagonists to chime in but they decidely silent on the R8.

I think a wise move from Blaser. If it would been a good design they would not have retired it. Pay off's getting to expensive???
edi

Back