Jakob Winter rifle cases.

XYZ

I'm looking for a hard rifle case that is airline approved and came across a Jakob Winter case.
Has anyone got one or got any feedback on them?
I have to admit never hearing of them before and it seems they make cases for the transport of musical instruments mainly but do produce them for firearms.
They're about £75 so not as good as a Pelican but should be more substantial than a Plano for example.
Anyone know anything about them?

Hi

I am curious and interested too as having perused the website there is no declaration that they conform with the necessary airline approval(s) for firearms transport (I seem to recall that the US and Euro standards vary and also to the vagaries of the different airlines).

On an aside - some of the Plano/Gunguard range are 'airline approved' but others not according to my correspondence with them.

Also, I cant see the hinge arrangement on the plastic cases - if not a full length metalled hinge unlikely to be robust or accord with the required standards (whatever they are). The aluminium ones state the full piano hinge.

L

Buy a secondhand peli use it and it'll take the abuse airlines throw at it then when you have no more use for it sell it and get most of your money back if not all of it

if I was transporting my shooting gear
-Mauser M03
-Swaro z6i
-Leica RF bins

etc etc

in a airline case I wouldn't be using a use it once and throw away £75 case

bear in mind you could be transporting circa 3K and upwards in that case in value if it was damaged

Last edited:
Thank you for the replies. Picked up a brand new SBK on eBay the other evening so my rifle transport is sorted.

Back