TransK9, Lintran or CAB???

rigboot

Hi Gents,

Looking for a new Dog box for the back of my Hilux.

Needs to fit inside the rear cab and hold 4 lab sized dogs.

Looking at the 3 named manufacturers above & would like some feedback/ pros and cons from those of you who own them.

I'm erring towards the TransK9 B9 model at the moment but any input welcome.

Cheers

I have had the Lintran and the TransK9 and prefer the latter, just feels better quality and more durable though heavier . It currently holds a lab , hwv and a couple of spaniels .

We have a Lintran in the back of our Shogun - it also fits in the "normal" car if needed.

I think it's the DB11 - Db11 Frontier

We can get two labs and two cockers in there, but four labs would be a push. That aside they are solid and dependable dog boxes.

The advantage of Lintran is primarily weight - even my wife can take it out of the car and she's 5'2 and barely 7.5 stone wet from the shower! They are also easy to wash out.

I have a lintran which has done 13 years in the back of my hilux and other than being a little scruffy through neglect is as good as new. It has had constant use work and play. I can't say the same for other makes I have had.

I have a Lintran and am very happy with it, I have no experience of the others.
Lintran were very helpful in finding the right box for my needs and I think they build to your spec to a certain degree.
ATB

I have had a K9 for 6 years and it's still like new. No squeaks or rattles. Great box and very secure. It's a very solid box. Two people can take it out or put it back into the car with ease. It's a bit heavy/awkward to comfortably do it on your own but is still do-able. Sometimes a little extra weight makes it a bit more secure. When full of dogs it would be near on impossible to get out of the car and the locks would prevent you getting the dogs out separately! Resale value is very strong too! I'm afraid that I don't have experience of the others though

I have had both and currently have a Lintrans in the back of a Subaru Forester.
The transK9 is extremely well made if some what heavy. I would have liked it to have been available in white to reflect the heat but there was no other colour option other than grey.
I like the Lintrans as it is much lighter to lift in and out and being white reflects the heat

Have had three lintrans light to carry good resale price, latest one is a custom made to fit my car

I have a client with the transk9 and it looked a bloody good bit of kit. Gun box underneath and transit box on top. Swish.

I have a lintran which was originally for a freelander 1 which you can still buy and good for 2 smaller labs

it's about 12 years old , it's now in the hilux it's a little marked but still as good as when it was new generally, I'd quite happily buy another one no problem I like the fact inside its bright and airy whereas the others seem a little dark and depressing

I've never tried the others to own but I'm sure they would hold up very well

I'd personally buy a used one of eBay of whichever make you choose that fits the size you want and save a few hundred pounds

I have 2 lintrans and a CAB the cab one is split 2/3 -1/3 I can get 2 labs in 1 side 2or3 terrier in the other it also has a lockable gun drawer which can only be unlocked by going through the dog compartment. It has a 2 inch deep tray on top but it is heavy it is also very secure.So September when shooting season starts it goes in and stays in till Feb.In summer I use the Lintran and it gets lifted in and out

Well gents,
Many thanks for the input, much appreciated!!
Looks like the Lintran could be a better option in being more portable, my Mrs will need to be able to lift & shift it if required, however, the only company who have responded to my emails as yet are TransK9 who are about hour & half drive away.
I'd love to able to see them all in the flesh and test fit but heyho, much to ponder now.
Thanks again

Rb

They were probably all at the Gamefair, I know I have been waiting for Lintrans to get back to me over a custom box for my Ford Ranger project.

I have a trans k9 in the back of the wifes shogun and it is a quality bit of kit, very happy with it and cannot fault it.

Well gents, I went for the TransK9 in the end, drove down to collect it and service was first class. Even got a complimentary heavy duty rubber mat & stainless cargo straps thrown in too.
Great product, extremely well made & having had it for a good few weeks I'd highly recommend one.
Dogs love it although theLab not impressed with the Vizslas photo bomb tho...:p

I know you haven't mentioned it, but I have a KM engineering box for the back of my Hilux. Its very well made, very secure and ample space for 4 labs. Its also white.

One problem ! I was told to be legal the dog has to be able to sit normally WITHOUT its head touching the top of the box, yours looks to small for the labs

One problem ! I was told to be legal the dog has to be able to sit normally WITHOUT its head touching the top of the box, yours looks to small for the labs

Legal to who? Who has told you that...? I am firmly of the belief that if a dog doesn't quite have enough head room in the car that it encourages them to lie down and keep centre of gravity lower... much better for them and safer too

Back