Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a last minute break - cottage - Scotland or North England - anything?

Looking for a last minute break - cottage - Scotland or North England - anything?

I missed out on a family holiday due to my mother going into hospital and am hoping to do something at short notice.

If anyone knows of anything that is available for 5 people (2 and 3kids) ideally a dog, but will rehome for the week if not

open to options anywhere
    prefer self catering

any known ideas let me know!

(already been on AirBnB,, Hotel,com, booking,com,, etc etc!! don't need any more pictures of places i can't book because they are booked or need 7 days min!)

Pondfauld Holidays near Blairgowrie any good? Nice wee cottages available just outside the town. Plenty of fishing available, and you're within easy reach of Braemar, Ballater, Pitlochry, etc. OH's brother and kids have just spent a few days there. I can recommend it if you're just after a quiet wee base for a few days
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Home - Linsidecroy Cottages - Sutherland

We stayed in Kyle cottage a few years ago. It sleeps 4 but I'm sure they could do a deal including 2 bed next door if not occupied. Lovely place and surroundings. Pets welcome.

Lochletter lodges, Balnain near Drumnadrochit
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Why not visit the Isle of Wight instead? There are a pair of self-catering cottages conveniently located on the edge of Parkhurst Forest, check their website for details

If you are interested in Argyll I know a nice farm that let out self catering cottage at times not sure availability at present but can pm contact details it is a lovely location beside a river located in 500 acres with only the farm on it south of Oban

Stayed here last August, great holiday, reds and Pine Martens in the garden, otters in the Loch, dogs welcome. Unique Cottages Scotland | Scottish Self-catering Holiday Cottages.

Have a word with " sologun " on here ,he has self catering accommodation up here in SW Scotland, he also has a lot of ground as well if you want to get a cheeky stalk in whilst you're on holiday.
    Cheers Scott

Have a look at Iain and Lynne's place, Invercoe Highland Holidays in Invercoe at the bottom of Glencoe. They have a good mix of accommodation and might have something going.

thanks for all the suggestions
    i decided to camp on a beach well known to me in Mull....

possibly the wettest week I have ever seen in over 40 years of going

literally and metaphorically speaking!

We were camping next to the rocks ...
    Burn burst its banks and ran across the field past the tents!