Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long sock recommendation?

Long sock recommendation?

Any one able to recommend a decent medium weight sock, must be long enough to comfortably use with meindl hunting boots?

ive been using the Seeland ones hat come in a twin pack with one short and one long pair (I have no use for the short ones tho......)

thanks for for any recommendations!

Don't wear Meindl Dovre boot's but the Harkila Trapper Master Socks are fantastic!! Pricy but well worth it for comfort.

Bridgedale summit knee. The best I have tried and I have tried a lot. 25 a pair but last a while.

I find that I'm far too hot with walking socks in my Meindls so I use the thinnest pair of old shooting socks I have & roll them down over the boot if I'm not wearing breeks. I found I got terrible heat rashes with the normal insulated walking socks.

I use the Brasher walking boot socks...not sure if they are still available since the merger/take-over though.

My Meindl Dovre boots could have been a half size bigger, I was fooled by their wide-fitting-last claim, so I cannot wear lining socks as well. My old Le Chameau were the right size and I always wore those summer or winter with Bridgedale coolmax lining socks and the Brashers.

Harkila knee length shooting socks, real good turn over and generous calf width.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawnrazor View Post
    Harkila knee length shooting socks, real good turn over and generous calf width.
    same as above I generally get a pair a year and wear them with breeks on game shoot days too !

I get Wacky Sox, love them and wear them for all my shooting with breeks and boots.

They are rugby socks but lovely bright colors and wear well

I find musto socks to be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by highland stalker View Post
    I find musto socks to be very good.
    Agree here along with beretta socks. Ive a pair of each, washed and wore relentlessly over the last two years still fit perfectly and the elastic is still excellent.