Musings on redundancy . . . . .

There are no friends when it comes down to making a living and running a business.
(I wish i could live by the statement!)
I wish you all the best in this new chapter in your life, speaking for myself it's great not having a boss.
Cheers
Richard

Thanks buddy :thumb: Time will tell. . . . .

Hey, if anyone happens across a wee catering trailer with a grumpy bald guy in it at some-or-other show, and mentions SD, they might get a discount. But then again they might not. I got a living to make, after all :lol: :lol: :lol:

We (I) have quite a lot to do with catering trailers as a lot of my work is showmen (we make the skirts / awnings / tilts etc) and one thing they all say, "whatever size you get it will not be big enough". So take that in to consideration when building one (or buying).

I`ve survived the axe offshore but the place has been seriously down manned.

Me ? I can`t stand the place anymore, and even though I`m safely employed 2/3 the next trip offshore for me will be when I hand my notice in. I`m quitting and coming back onshore to work.

The rest are welcome to it, but not me.

There's a train of thought that oil revenues have been carefully-manipulated as an attack on the Russian economy in an attempt to put Putin back in his box. I'm by no means any expert, but I seem to remember the Saudis did something similar in the 80's to upset Saddam's apple-cart. On the other hand, it may simply be the result of over-supply and less demand. Although it's hard to see why any one producer would want to deliberately flood the market just for the sake of it. Politics? Market share? Who knows? Whatever the causes, it's brought the North sea Oil and Gas Industry to its knees

Flooding the market can force the higher cost producers out and increase the barriers to entry. It also maybe required on the supply side if majors want to keep market share. However it's generally a mutually assured destruction approach. The technology breakthroughs on gas in the US has caused a major shift.

Not just the North Sea
The whole industry
Saudis thought they could buckle the USA by continuing to pump it out .... Wrong ... I work there they are on their knees .
Canada has been decimated , the USA also ...
They are all struggling with regards to oil & gas

Paul

There's a train of thought that oil revenues have been carefully-manipulated as an attack on the Russian economy in an attempt to put Putin back in his box. I'm by no means any expert, but I seem to remember the Saudis did something similar in the 80's to upset Saddam's apple-cart. On the other hand, it may simply be the result of over-supply and less demand. Although it's hard to see why any one producer would want to deliberately flood the market just for the sake of it. Politics? Market share? Who knows? Whatever the causes, it's brought the North sea Oil and Gas Industry to its knees

Well, Saudi has said they will only cut production in unison with other large producers. Russia don't seem serious about doing so. Therefore the saudi's won't harm their revenues for the benefit of others.

Back