Posting sound mod

I believe you can but don't take my word for it

Personally I'd just drop it in to your RFD as you'll have no hassle or problems

if you post it and it goes missing you will have to explain your lost FAC moderator to an feo / licensing manager who won't be overly happy and is it worth the risk

Last edited:
You need to treat it as a firearm. It needs to be posted with a firearm carrier, usually through a RFD.

Can you post it to a RFD............yes, but to do so you need to have an account/contract with Royal Mail/Parcelforce. See their Terms & Conditions.

Can you post it to a RFD............yes, but to do so you need to have an account/contract with Royal Mail/Parcelforce. See their Terms & Conditions.

After going this route and having a firearm disappear into the ether that is Parcelforce for 3 days I would strongly advise you don't. Best left to RFD's.

After going this route and having a firearm disappear into the ether that is Parcelforce for 3 days I would strongly advise you don't. Best left to RFD's.

Recently sent a firearm via Parcelfarce, "Next day" "Service"............. utter sh*te, went off grid for three days.

Parcel farce lost one of my firearms in transit a couple of years ago. It was remarkable how quickly they found it and delivered it when I mentioned in passing to the Branch or Area Manager that I wasn't too worried as the Police would probably help them find it once I had reported it missing and given them his details as the last known person to have anything to do with it!

I posted an air rifle with parcel force at 11.45am Thursday, delivered before 5.00 pm next day. Our local RFD uses parcel force for all there firearms now....:thumb:

Firearms (and mods as they like to classify them as firearms) can only be received by RFDs, doesn't matter who actually sends it. There is no gain in taking a rifle/mod to an RFD to send it for you, they have no more authority to do so than you do, as long as you're legitimately holding it on a FAC.
As above you have to use a courier who accepts firearms in their terms and conditions.

Firearms (and mods as they like to classify them as firearms) can only be received by RFDs, doesn't matter who actually sends it. There is no gain in taking a rifle/mod to an RFD to send it for you, they have no more authority to do so than you do, as long as you're legitimately holding it on a FAC.
As above you have to use a courier who accepts firearms in their terms and conditions.

This may well be the case but when I looked into it a while ago there were, I think, only Parcel Farce and TNT who were willing/able to transport firearms and both needed you to be an account holder rather than a 'one off' customer and they would only accept RFD's as account holders for this purpose. Having said this, none of the people that I spoke to at either company (or a few others that I tried) seemed to have a clue so I wouldn't be surprised if this info is wrong!

Back