Ian Botham v. Packham.

The best point Beefy got across was Packhams extremism on the Beeb other than that he knew his stuff but was a little weak on the delivery.....

he stuttered his way though it and better then beefy could have been there to make the point, never the less I think 5 minutes would hardly give enough time on any subject ffs

he stuttered his way though it and better then beefy could have been there to make the point, never the less I think 5 minutes would hardly give enough time on any subject ffs

Well I suppose it was always going to be like that, "perhaps on purpose? " ones a naturalist and the others a cricketer but bless him for trying I suppose.

Give Botham credit, a lot of "celebrities" who are heavily into field sports won't put their heads above the parapet in case they take flak. He at least has the courage of his convictions!

David.

Perhaps got airtime simply as the spectacle of 'Botham v Packham' and the issues at hand came second. Or is that being cynical of our great british media?

Give Botham credit, a lot of "celebrities" who are heavily into field sports won't put their heads above the parapet in case they take flak. He at least has the courage of his convictions!

David.

+1 fair play to him at least this time we got some chance to batter back his lunatic rantings. It's a pitty we don't have a few more Bothams in our corner.

well done sir ian ! Pac man came across rather arrogant I thought .
70,000 signatures against grouse shooting wow how many of us marched in London peanuts Pac man .
a true countryman in everything he does with bat rod or gun well done SIR IAN
Norma

Last edited:
The bit I heard I thought they both did quite well.

Beefy's list of thriving bird populations was powerful.

Chris Packham's point that he was not being controversial, just wanting the law to be upheld was pretty straightforward...even if one does not agree with the law he wants upholding.

Alan

Just listened to it,well done Ian Botham, he even got the last word in. Chris Packam kept going on about raptors disappearing on grouse moors, probably as they go there for easier meals as there is a diversity of wildlife and die from natural causes. Its a big jump to blame keepers. Ian did a good job and got his facts and figures over. Tom

PS don't start me off again on his cancer ideas:(

Last edited:
Back