Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Schultz Larsen Rifle Victory

Schultz Larsen Rifle Victory

Hello,

does anyone on here have any experience of the above rifle?

many thanks

Ivythorne Sporting in Somerset have Schultz & Larsen rifles and I believe they are a dealer for the brand.
    I handled one when I went there to look at a Mauser.
    They seem like good value quality rifles and are made well.
    They didn't do it for me however and I still ordered a Mauser but they are a decent rifle and a bit different from the never ending Sako and Tikka wares. No disrespect intended to users of the afore mentioned rifles, I hope you know what I mean.
    When I collected my rifle another gentleman was there at the same time and he was collecting a Schultz & Larsen rifle which I believe was a Victory with fluted barrel. He loved it.
    If there are no rifles in your area to handle, get in touch with Steve or Shane and I'm sure they will be of help and will let you test fire one.
    Best Regards,
    Adrian.

Jedward. The reason why there are two barrels on a shotgun.

Thanks Adrian. I have already spoken to Steve who sounds a decent person.

Just ordered 2, one in 243 and one in 3006. I looked at a number of rifles and this was the only one that had everything i wanted in one package. To date i have not heard anyone say anything significantly negative about them, other than the lack of a synthetic stock. All of the reviews i have seen have been very positive. These will be available at some point in the future i am told, and if they are i may get one to retro fit.

William Evans at Bisley also has some, or did, when I was looking for a Blaser R8 Success in wood.
    The one he had was in 30-06 and the wood was exceptional, if it had been in .308 I might have changed my mind about the Blaser.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    Ivythorne Sporting in Somerset have Schultz & Larsen rifles and I believe they are a dealer for the brand.
    They didn't do it for me however and I still ordered a Mauser but they are a decent rifle and a bit different from the never ending Sako and Tikka wares. No disrespect intended to users of the afore mentioned rifles, I hope you know what I mean.
    When I collected my rifle another gentleman was there at the same time and he was collecting a Schultz & Larsen rifle which I believe was a Victory with fluted barrel. He loved it.
    If there are no rifles in your area to handle, get in touch with Steve or Shane and I'm sure they will be of help and will let you test fire one.
    I had a chuckle when reading that!... I went there with the intention of purchasing a Mauser and I had 6 or 7 guns on the table to look at and the moment I handled the Schultz & Larsen I knew it was the right one. Got my eye on the M03 Alpine however the wife bank isn't quite so enthusiastic.

Just to register another recommendation for Steve and Shane at Ivythorne, as I have no experience of the S&L. I went there to look at rifle options and was treated to the best buying experience I have ever had. Those guys have no limit to the level of assistance they will give and I was left in no doubt that they would do everything to discourage you from making a bad decision. All of that with NO commitment to buy. You can't get better service in my opinion.

Alan Rhone in Wrexham have S&L rifles in...& a whole range of stock & barrel options.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Quote Originally Posted by deeangeo View Post
    Alan Rhone in Wrexham have S&L rifles in...& a whole range of stock & barrel options.
    He is the distributor I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianC View Post
    That may possibly have been me if it was back in early July? The 12th or thereabouts!

I have an S&L Victory with a spiral fluted barrel chambered in .308 and I love it - fits me really well, shoots like a dream and I love the looks as well!

I was down at Malcs range today trying a few different ammo types out and thus far have found it likes the 150gr Federals the best.

I got mine from Ivythorn and can highly recommend Steve and Shane to deal with - very straightforward honest guys who know their stuff and will do their best for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you're shooting badly, you need a new gun. If you're shooting well then you deserve a new gun.