Thread: Sauer 90

Sauer 90

Does any member of the forum have a Sauer 90 and what is your opinion of the quality of these rifles,
    Any replies would be appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Uncas,

Not owned one but never heard a bad word about them..... Only owned 200 and 202, never been disappointed by a sauer!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Quote Originally Posted by Uncas View Post
    Does any member of the forum have a Sauer 90 and what is your opinion of the quality of these rifles,
    Any replies would be appreciated,
    Thank you,
    Uncas,
    Excellent quality, handling, good-looking and accurate rifle. Have you seen one you like?

Saw the new Sauers at the Leica experience day not a patch on my 90

I had a 90 in 6.5x57 as my first stalking rifle. It was an excellent, reliable, accurate rifle. I passed both parts of my DSC with this rifle, and took my first British Boar with it too.
    I only got rid of it because I wanted an interchangeable barrel rifle, at which point I was going to get a 202, until I found I couldn't get 6.5x57 and 8x68S on the same Sauer action, damn and blast!
    A bit more shopping around put me at the doorstep of Mauser, so I ordered a MO3 in both said calibres, I've not looked back. I think the 202 is very good, but to my mind, comes in second to the MO3.
    A pity the 90 wasn't an interchangeable, I loved that rifle. I think the cartridge-in-chamber indicator is a safety feature that all rifles should have.
    If you're looking at buying a 90 you're too slow, you should have bought it by now!

Roger

I bought one in .270 win. it's in a1 mint condition,
    The gentleman who had it has unfortunately gone to the happy hunting ground,
    But I intend to keep this one and make him happy by using it.