Sauer 90

Uncas

Does any member of the forum have a Sauer 90 and what is your opinion of the quality of these rifles,
Any replies would be appreciated,
Thank you,
Uncas,

Does any member of the forum have a Sauer 90 and what is your opinion of the quality of these rifles,
Any replies would be appreciated,
Thank you,
Uncas,

Excellent quality, handling, good-looking and accurate rifle. Have you seen one you like?

I had a 90 in 6.5x57 as my first stalking rifle. It was an excellent, reliable, accurate rifle. I passed both parts of my DSC with this rifle, and took my first British Boar with it too.
I only got rid of it because I wanted an interchangeable barrel rifle, at which point I was going to get a 202, until I found I couldn't get 6.5x57 and 8x68S on the same Sauer action, damn and blast!
A bit more shopping around put me at the doorstep of Mauser, so I ordered a MO3 in both said calibres, I've not looked back. I think the 202 is very good, but to my mind, comes in second to the MO3.
A pity the 90 wasn't an interchangeable, I loved that rifle. I think the cartridge-in-chamber indicator is a safety feature that all rifles should have.
If you're looking at buying a 90 you're too slow, you should have bought it by now!

Roger

I bought one in .270 win. it's in a1 mint condition,
The gentleman who had it has unfortunately gone to the happy hunting ground,
But I intend to keep this one and make him happy by using it.

Back