Petition to prosecute sabs

Woodsmoke

As FAC/SGC holders we're among the most law-abiding, conscientious and responsible section of UK society. Why does the law allow us to be subject to harassment and abuse from some of the LEAST law-abiding, conscientious and responsible members without some form of specific legal protection apart from common law? Please sign and share this around, and we can perhaps bring them to heel

[FONT=&amp]https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/164891 [/FONT]

Last edited:
I have signed this, as I think that the principle is right that we should be allowed to go about our business, and the more who can sign things like this, the more seriously we will be taken as a group.

I do challenge whether we need new laws though, as I am sure that the existing laws could be used more than they are to prosecute, and my sense is that its more the non-willingness to prosecute that is the blocker.

I would also note that if the existing laws AREN'T enough, then the sabs can't being accused of being non-law abiding.

All that being said, the balance certainly isn't in our favour and the more noise we can make, the more prosecutions under whatever law should follow.

the balance certainly isn't in our favour and the more noise we can make, the more prosecutions under whatever law should follow.

Yep. I didn't pay too much attention to the bit about 'new laws' as I think existing laws are adequate to deal with transgressors. The petition's all about garnering support and showing solidarity though, as you say. 'The squeaky wheel', and all that? :thumb:

Yep. I didn't pay too much attention to the bit about 'new laws' as I think existing laws are adequate to deal with transgressors. The petition's all about garnering support and showing solidarity though, as you say. 'The squeaky wheel', and all that? :thumb:

well exactly! and well done for posting the link on here.

Signed. I fear that this will go the same as many other petitions in support of shooting and the associated industry and will likely struggle to reach ten thousand let alone the hundred thousand required to debate it in the commons. All one can do is keep banging the drum until someone is willing to listen.

Back