Dingy done on time.....

Tim.243

My little project finished with a couple of weeks spare before the start of the duck season, I did post some time back about steaming white oak for keel runners.

We glass fibered some black water pipe around the outside, also I made the rowlock holders out of 316 stainless with bronze bushes as the rowlocks I needed for the oars came up smaller than I thought.

A coat of grey and my poor attempt of camo lol

A friend kindly donated 2 pairs of oars also a pick anchor, it fits a treat in my Ranger buck with the tailgate down.

My £75.00 investment in a pram dingy should let me get on and off the marsh with out the long wait to cross the mud, my plan is to access some the creaks which are out of reach and the duck all seem to lay up in!!

014_zpsh8aq10lp.jpg

Tim.243

Last edited:
Very handy!
I grew up in the marshy regions of NE Essex, and I've lost count of the number of little plywood stitch-and-tape prams we built as kids. Great fun at minimal expense.

Very handy!
I grew up in the marshy regions of NE Essex, and I've lost count of the number of little plywood stitch-and-tape prams we built as kids. Great fun at minimal expense.

Thank you........the dog loves to sit up the front lol

Tim.243

Back