Health Warning

vizslamad

Dont know how many people get involved with this on the site but just a heads up for you.

I went down with something that felt like a bad case of flu last week combined with continuous " through the eye of a needle " and seriously have never felt as ill as this for years and do not want a repeat of the experience. My illness turnred out very likely to be Rotavirus as I spent the Mon/Tue helping to bit over 18000 pheasants and the problems began on the Wednesday.

If you do get involved in this make sure you wear a dust mask / I didnt. Wash your hands as much as you can, certainly before food and drink / THIS I DID, PHEASANTS DO AND CAN CARRY DISEASES but this is where I fell down I AM A SMOKER WHO ROLLS HIS OWN and you dont eat or drink fags do you.

I just thought I would put this up to make site members aware that if they get it they wont like it and take whatever precautions that they can to avoid it as its now 7 days since it started and I still feel relatively weak from the effects. Avoid it, it is not pleasant plus it ruined my wifes week off, instead of us going up the coast on the Harley she had a sick husband to look after.

Now then. What do you think the chances are of shooting the bloody pheasant that gave it to me? Roll on October!

John

Hope you're feeling better now John. Good to pass this on (the advice not the lurgy!) I'll add it to my long list of reasons why I hate pheasants! JC

I remember one of the lads I worked with picked up something similar in the rearing field, not good.

Hope you're fealing better

atb

bs

If your feeling better ,you could always come and "bit" the 6000 I have in the field next door ???

I will make sure there are toilet rolls and a running hose at the side of the field for your convenience ??:D;)

show offs 18000 6000, i will and am looking forward to getting my 75 poults and 25 ex layers so there :rofl:
and i will be wearing my mask too... lol

show offs 18000 6000, i will and am looking forward to getting my 75 poults and 25 ex layers so there :rofl:
and i will be wearing my mask too... lol

Centralbelt,
How I wish they were all mine, thats equates to lot of very wealthy people about to pay me lots of fat wanga :D but alas I was just helping out a keeper friend on our local estate. I am just like you 100 ex-layers on one shoot and 200 poults on another. I get a chance at the 18000 when they are much deminished on beaters day but we still manage to chalk up circa 180 head. If I am feeling realy rich I take a gun for a team of ten, Nowhere near feeling rich enough this year though as I havent worked since Feb 2009. No matter though I find you can have just as much fun on little days and it does not matter a hoot what my dog does.:thumb::D.

John.

My 6000 are a neccessary evil !! that comes with the job !

It wouldnt bother me if I never saw another driven pheasant for the rest of my days .
Walk-up days on the other hand are what its all about !:)

My 6000 are a neccessary evil !! that comes with the job !

It wouldnt bother me if I never saw another driven pheasant for the rest of my days .
Walk-up days on the other hand are what its all about !:)

if you ever need a beater give me a shout love some exercise

frank

John, if you're not careful, shooting sports will be the death of you! :)

Take care of yourself - oh, and don't come south until the squits have stopped?

Thanks guys, now feeling OK. Due to de-bit them in 2 and 1/2 weeks to go to wood. Guess who will be wearing the theatre operating suit?:lol::D

John.

Back