Any other lawful quarry?

Bestman

I'm sending my ticket in to Surrey for a 'one for one' variation. Whilst it is in do you think it is worth having a go for the 'deer and any other lawful quarry' condition instead deer and fox. Would mean I could have a crack at a feral goat or even boar sometime.

The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife.

Is the one to get.
However this might not be applicable in England

regards
Griff

The shooting of vermin or, in connection with the management of any estate, other wildlife.

Is the one to get.
However this might not be applicable in England

regards
Griff

That's a standard condition applied to expanding ammunition.... tread carefully on that one ;)

You may find they will ask for evidence that you have the opportunity to shoot other species before they will list them on your ticket. That was my experience when I enquired about adding boar to my calibre authorisations.

It is a bizarre phenomenon, and I have experienced it too. It is almost as though they think that these conditions make them liable for your actions in some way potentially damaging to them.

Oddly, they gave me boar and goat without such proof; possibly because I gave them my word that if there weren't any where I had permission to shoot them, then I wouldn't shoot them.

Oddly, they gave me boar and goat without such proof; possibly because I gave them my word that if there weren't any where I had permission to shoot them, then I wouldn't shoot them.

That's what I said to our lot too... that I would take it as my personal duty not to shoot boar that weren't there. :lol:

Tried for boar on mine ...answer was "defra don't consider boar a problem in Devon, therefore no you can't have it on your ticket"...once again I love the inconsistancy ******** that exists in this country from county to county.

Tried for boar on mine ...answer was "defra don't consider boar a problem in Devon, therefore no you can't have it on your ticket"...once again I love the inconsistancy ******** that exists in this country from county to county.

What utter crap, what have DEFRA got to do with it? Was that some time ago, as they may be more ameniable now. I have 'and any other lawful quarry' on my ticket - and that was Devon & Cornwall just recently. If you read the minutes of the D&C Firearms Liaison Committee from even as recently as Nov '09, (on the r/h sidebar of the link below), you'll see that they had no idea at all about boar.

http://www.devon-cornwall.police.uk/OnlineServices/ApplyFirearmslicense/Pages/default.aspx

Does anyone know of anyone who has ever been prosecuted for breaching the conditions of their FAC with reguard to species? The only cases i've ever heard of that had anything to do with conditions were where the Police were clutching at straws to get at least something out of a mishandled armed trespass investigation (probably rightly in that instance). JC

Think it has already been mentioned that the cps would not follow up a breach of cheif constables conditions but the fact that you have breached the conditions to which your certificate was granted is enough of a reason to refuse renewal or revoke your certificate

Avon & Somerset: "what? :confused:... never heard of it.... but that means you could shoot anythi...... NO."

:lol:

I got my reply from The Chief Constables Staff Officer Of West Mercia Constabulary. You've guessed, it's a no!

They and their "group" have decided not to apply AOLQ, and are perfectly happy to apply specific conditions when asked...:rofl:

ft

Back