Update Tikka CTR T3x - Prime Ammo

User00021

A quick update on the Tikka that I reported on in the link below:

Tikka CTR T3x 6.5 Creedmoor

Went out this morning for a second test, this time with some Prime 6.5mm Creedmoor 130gr OTM. The picture shows the first two groups getting the rifle zeroed at 100 yards. The rest of the box was used at the 300 yard point slapping steel and bursting 500ml water bottles (our range is limited to 300 yard).

I would recommend this gun to anyone looking for an all round rifle although .308 might be a better choice in the UK.

Thanks to Scotch_egg for putting me onto this Prime stuff, it really has me wondering whether I want to bother reloading!

ctr pri.jpg

Prime guys gave me a box (130gr 6.5CM) at the Guardian shoot. Peterson brass. Looks fantastic. Have not tried it yet.
edi

Prime guys gave me a box (130gr 6.5CM) at the Guardian shoot. Peterson brass. Looks fantastic. Have not tried it yet.
edi

This I will be a new load from what was originally seen in this post.

It is very well documented that prime were done over by RWS/Norma.

I would love to see their new ammunition here at similar prices.

The original ammunition retailed in the USA at less than norma brass was available here and that included VAT.

This I will be a new load from what was originally seen in this post.

It is very well documented that prime were done over by RWS/Norma.
RUAG was reported to be the bully.
The original load was Norma brass, a few months ago I picked up 500 pieces of prime stamped 6.5 creedmoor brass for $199.98 from Midway when it was sold off.

Hope the new load is as good, I thought I read somewhere that Prime are now using Sierra bullets instead of the 6.5 130gr Norma golden bullet?

RUAG was reported to be the bully.
The original load was Norma brass, a few months ago I picked up 500 pieces of prime stamped 6.5 creedmoor brass for $199.98 from Midway when it was sold off.

Hope the new load is as good, I thought I read somewhere that Prime are now using Sierra bullets instead of the 6.5 130gr Norma golden bullet?

I wish I had seen the brass on sale. That’s a bargain.

I think prime will be using a variety of bullets. I just wish that they could retail it over here. The original ammo retailed in the USA for less that RUAG were selling the brass here.

I have bought some starline 6.5 creedmoor brass as reports have been very positive and it is half the price of Lapua. I don’t anneal and don’t cry when I loose a piece during a match or in the long grass. I would appear to the quite an economical option.

Why'd you say that?
A lot of guys I knew liked to shoot with one gun on the range using surplus ammo and hunt with premium, .308 surplus was always available in UK. The 6.5 creedmoor wasn't as well established in the UK back in 2016 when I originally posted.

Back