Effective 16 Nov 2016 the following changes come in to effect (there are more, but those are mostly commercial) and these could affect buyers & sellers on here -
PayPal Buyer ProtectionSection 13 is amended to make several amendments to the PayPal Buyer Protection policy as follows:
- the following types of transactions are now excluded from coverage of PayPal Buyer Protection (section 13.4a is amended accordingly):
- purchases of any interest in a business (including, without limitation, any items or services forming part of a business or corporate acquisition);
- purchases of vehicles (including, without limitation, motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats), except for personally portable light vehicles used for recreational purposes like bicycles and wheeled hoverboards;
- payments on crowd-funding and/or crowd-lending platforms;
- purchases of items equivalent to cash (including, without limitation, stored value items such as gift cards and pre-paid cards);
- gambling, gaming and/or any activity involving a chance to win a prize;
- payments made in respect of financial products and investments;
- payments to state-run bodies, except for state-owned enterprises;
- donations; and
- purchases of items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf (including at a retail point of sale) and which you claim to be Not Received;
Most will not be particularly relevant but item 2 could be cause for concern and item 9 also, should someone send in a third party courier?
More on the PayPal site.