Thread: Refrigerator Advice Wanted

Refrigerator Advice Wanted

I have recently bought a second hand Samsung RR82FDMH fridge and wanted to drill some holes (preferably through the top and was wondering if anybody has done this with this model of fridge. Alternatively if there are any refrigerator Engineers who know anything about that model of fridge who could give me some advice that would be great.

I know nothing of refrigerators, but surely drilling holes in it would lead to the same issues as if the door was left open, in that the pump and heat-exchanger would be continually working to try to bring the temperature down? Might cause it to break down prematurely, as well as increase its power consumption
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I think as long as the holes are not too big (20-30mm) then they are good for keeping moisture levels low without reducing efficiency too much. I would avoid holes at different levels as this would create a convection cycle, drawing air in and out of the fridge.

Just to clarify, the holes would be used for mounting a rail and would be sealed up once the rail is fitted.

Ah. In that case, all you'd need to worry about is not crushing the insulation, I should think? As long as you can be sure you're not going to damage any wires or coolant pipes you should be ok
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Best not drilling any holes - 2 lumps of wood up the sides and one across the top - make them a tight fit and use the moulded in shelf supports - 2 decent screw eyes for your s hooks and job's a good un. Looks like you might need some 6 or 7 x 2 as a fair way up from your top shelf supports to the top of the fridge.

Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site:
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

i think bushwear used to may still do a kit for fridges,rail brackets etc,, they do tenderum fridge conversion kits,39quid,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 24-08-2016 at 19:26.

Give me a message with your phone number and I will give you some advice of what to look out for.