Delima Sako v Mauser

verminator69

Gents

Im looking to get another .243 opinions on sako A7 or mauser M12 whats the pros and cons im liking the mauser.
This would be for stalking only.
Cheers Alan

I have a sako quad in 17 hmr and 22 mag,I have just ordered (LOL long story) a sako barvarian carbine in 3006 ,I was in the same boat I did look at the Mauser,but decided on the sako if you wanted to sell the sako after it would be just a bit more easier to sell than the Mauser , sako are just a tad more popular than the Mauser ,nothing wrong with the Mauser I like them a lot , what model of sako were you looking at if its a special order you have to wait a bit like me LOL atb Steve

if your looking at a sako A7 then personaly i would either spend the extra and get a 85 or if thats not an option get a tikka and save even more cash than if you were to buy a A7, ive never shot or owned a mauser but io picked up an m12 impact the other day at my local gunshop and for what its worth i was very impressed

I'd choose the Mauser over the Sako any day but then again I own a Mauser M03 :) the synthetic stock just feels so good and grippy with the rubber inserts , and it's got a better safety as its on the bolt rather than a trigger safety

If I was going to buy a Sako id choose an 85 over an A7

Thanks lads i think the sako A7 mag is a bit crappy made the mauser M12 just looks and feels so much better,the 85 is a cracking rifle but a lot more money.

As far as I understood they use Bergara barrels in the M12 which is a good thing and many are happy with accuracy. Then again the rifle is built as a throw away rifle. Once the barrel is shot out or rusted or anything else happens one can forget it. I recon it could be difficult to sell a used M12 because of that. More than half of the rifles I own have replacement barrels on them. For that reason I would certainly choose any Tikka, Sako, Remmy etc. over a M12 or Sauer 101.
edi

made in the blaser factory and by the time mines shot out jager will have sussed out how to replace the barrel and for a £1k what do you expect ! we pay £20k plus for 4x4s they don't last a lifetime when used for what they're made for nothing really does !
don't think mine will get shot out or thrown away in my lifetime

The M12 impact has a stainless barrel i think so no rust,and with having a few other rifles i want shoot it out either,cant really go wrong with that for the money,and spend on good glass too top it off.

I'm loving my M12 so far, it's got a Z6i on top, DPT moderator and the accuracy from he box has been cracking.

The barrel isn't stainless it's coated in a silver colour.

Back