Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 600 ish binos

600 ish binos

Hi guys I'm in the market for a decent set of binos a my redfields have just packe up. I think one of the prisms has come loose or something as its gone blurt and makes you go cross eyed.

i can't really decide what price point to go in at - I could afford top brand if thought it was worth it but I've been looking at Kahles, meopta, docter in 8 x 42 and wondering if anyone has any thoughts on which are better? Also in mostly using them in woods with some open field and a trip to the highlands booked this winter. Should I get 7 x 42 maybe?

my advice wouldbe look for a 2nd hand pair of swarovski 8.5x42 els. the back up service they give is second to none

id have jimbo1984 ziess bgat s in classified s in a heartbeat 10x40 if I didn't have a pair of swaros and kahles already

If you are insistent on new, then you really won't go wrong with Kahles. That said, having a secondhand pair of Swaovskis is like having a new pair, given their customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    my advice wouldbe look for a 2nd hand pair of swarovski 8.5x42 els. the back up service they give is second to none
    Best advice you will ever get

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    id have jimbo1984 ziess bgat s in classified s in a heartbeat 10x40 if I didn't have a pair of swaros and kahles already
    Cheers mate yeah they don't make them like that anymore , pm me if you like and I'll do you a deal
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

I was very impressed with the tiny little Leica's on the stand at Diggle this last couple of days, not aware of the price for them but they were bloody good for their size.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

minox really do take some beating for the price of them and they are going to come in a lot cheaper than your budget, if your local to me i will gladly meet you somwhere for you to have a look through mine

Quote Originally Posted by the scudd View Post
    That's exactly what I did. well, third hand I think. They are outstanding in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by sir-lamp-alot View Post
    minox really do take some beating for the price of them and they are going to come in a lot cheaper than your budget, if your local to me i will gladly meet you somwhere for you to have a look through mine
    Minox are without doubt good value but they don't compete with the big 3. The view appears to be very flat meaning that you have to be constantly focusing to get a clear image.
    If I had 600 I would spend 600 on a second hand set of Swaro, Leica, or Zeiss before I looked further!