How many adult foxs in UK

I agree with the general sentiment. I take foxes ruthlessly on the ground where I am asked to and love my foxing (as much as stalking ?!?!?!) but I definately bear them no animosity and have a couple of bits of ground where I leave them as they do no harm and their surplus/offs[ring are swiftly dealt with by neighbours.

Not sure how many in total but i can guarantee there is 4 less tonight than there was this morning..;)

If there is 1.5 million deer in the UK, and the vast majority of the populace never see one alive, how many foxes are there??

My mentor of the Roe 49 years ago, the late Bill Grant, said `Roedeer live and die unseen by human eye`.
Thus it is with Foxes.
A Lakeland farmer friend lost a couple of Swaledale lambs at the start of lambing and called in a neighbour who lamps them.
In 3 outings they had 22 foxes, a total which had risen to 31 a couple of weeks ago.

HWH.

Last winter we regularly saw up to 10 adult foxes close to one house adjacent to some open ground. WE presumed they were being fed and we are now trying to get permission on some adjacent ground.

We have no end of urban foxes, seem to being doing well on a diet of KFC and Big Macs!!

Anyway back to the point in hand I concur with the deer comment, I expect were taliking of a population in the millions. It would be intresting if BASC and NGO could run a winter survey of fox no's shot to ret a rough estimate.

D

When a mate of mine used to wrap his bales in black plastic the foxes used to rip it open.......I wonder why. They moved to green wrap and the problem stopped:)

mick

Last edited:
I think John is doing a decent job at ruining the foxes ambition for world domination.
West of him I am trying my hardest to foil the plot too.
Respect foxes-yes
Admire foxes-Yes
Shoot them on sight-hell yes
Two cubs paid the price last week for interfering with culling a buck I have been after for 6 weeks, just about to squeeze the trigger when they came into sight. The buck would be there another day, the cubs, no chance of seeing another day.

Well I'll work my way to you and you to me:D
Between us we might make a vaccume and sleep a little on a night while the poults are around the pens.:D
I will be doing MY best to CLEAR, E.yorks of the RED peril.
People can go else where to watch them mousing between killing pheasants and taking lambs.

Back