Nomad Clothing - Sizing

blaserf3

Does anyone out there know how the nomad range of gear is sized? The website is crap and they are not very helpful when you phone up. I have found a place that stocks it but wanted to try and get size right the first time. I tend to go for a roomier fit and im xxxl in ridgeline but have a xxl in a swazi bushshirt. Any help would be appreciated. Im 41 to 42 waist in deerhunter which is xxl.

Personally I'd go with your size. I have a hill smock in a large, and I'm a 44 chest and 6 ft tall. There's no way a medium would fit in terms of arm length

I've got a couple of them & I usually have to go up one or 2 sizes to get the arm length even close & then have them altered to slim the body down again.

So if you take an average of our comments that's clear as mud!!! Basically it's stupidly made silly sized clothing that's way too expensive but hey, I like it (sort of)

So if you take an average of our comments that's clear as mud!!! Basically it's stupidly made silly sized clothing that's way too expensive but hey, I like it (sort of)

Yep seems like sizing seems to be inconsistent, overlay priced,poor after sales service, not as waterproof as claimed to be
not a lot going for them it would seem, however I really like mine inspite of all its faults most comfortable jacket I have six years old now and worn a !ot.

No it's designed to be compatible with a helmet or other head gear for use with quad bikes etc.....

.....rendering it useless unless you happen to be wearing a motorcycle helmet, which if I was I would think that a hood would be about as much use as an ashtray on the quad.

For all my loathing of the pointless hood my now 20 year old Nomad smock (obviously no hood) is still going strong. It lives in the back of the car & the dogs often curl up on it. It should really have the seams re-done but it's still great, even if the sleeves are a bit too short for my long arms but it would be my go-to item for cold or bad weather.

Baittens shoot dec 2011 039.jpg

Last edited:
I'm 44"chest and have a XL Hooded Quadrider (hood is excellent and there is a draw chord), its used in horrific Ettrick valley conditions and has not disappointed me yet. I am 36" waist and wear XL Plus 3 stealth tweed breeks, very waterproof and warm and a perfect fit.

McKenzie,

Note that originator of your link has been suspended from this forum so would disregard his comments.

Have had various Nomad jackets and trousers over the years and have found their waterproof qualities good.

My default go-to jacket for dear stalking / foxing is a Nomad that I've had for 12+ years.

Yes. The taped seams have came away, but it still keeps out rain and jacket is very comfortable.

That said; the Nomad website really is crap. No arguments about that!

Not disputing the good qualities of Nomad smocks; I liked them enough to buy a second one a couple of years ago & as mentioned in a later post they are my go-to jacket in filthy weather. Just would have been nice to have had a useable hood. I'd never used hoods before but have recently discovered the joys of a really good one on another jacket.

Last edited:
Back