Brexit and EU Firearm Passport

KB1

I have a European FA Passport. When Brexit eventually kicks in, I'm assuming these will become invalid for UK Firearm holders? Any thoughts. Thanks

There obviously will not be any definitive answer until we actually give notice of leaving the EU and start drafting our own laws etc so,I just assumed it would be the same as any other non EU country ie no EU Firearms passport required.They are only required/recognised in the EU anyhow,yet another rediculous EU rule!!

They are only required/recognised in the EU anyhow,yet another rediculous EU rule!!

So, easy and free to obtain and universally recognised across the EU... what a shocking idea!

So much worse than having foreign policemen peer suspiciously at unfamiliar documents and decide to detain you just in case.

EFP for us was definitely one of the better things that came out of the EU. It will be a pity to that one go as it presumably will.
Just a shame that we didn't reciprocate by recognising it in this country for visiting shooters and insisted on a visitors permit instead.

We simply need to ask our America, Australian, Canadian or Kiwi members what they have to do to take firearms into Europe. I don't think it will be as simple as turning up at the channel tunnel and wave your FAC and EFP. I suspect there will be a lot of paperwork and if you travelling through other countries then multiply by that number of countries.

Personally I never travelled with a firearm prior to the EPF but several friends did and they didn't find it too onerous travelling to Germany and often said how easy they found it. Obviously I don't know if it will return be the same in the future because the world has moved on and things have changed a lot over the years.

So, easy and free to obtain and universally recognised across the EU... what a shocking idea!

So much worse than having foreign policemen peer suspiciously at unfamiliar documents and decide to detain you just in case.

Well even with a EU firearms passport continental clients still had to obtain a visitors firearm permit to bring their weapon into the UK, which made it a bit pointless having them anyway. Plus most police constabularies did not give them out to British certificate holders unless you requested it.

In Finland where I have hunted on many occasions I have NEVER been requested to show my EU firearms certificate or indeed my British one either. All they have been concerned with is that I have DSC1 and a copy is sent to my friend who then sorts my visit out.

If you look at the number of replys to where in the world you have hunted, I don,t think it's a high priority for most people or stalkers in the UK.

Back