Kynamco £££££

deerstalker.308

Why is it they're so blinking expensive!! Been there for a zero session and they're now charging £40/hr for the range, nothing's ever updated or improved, rests/bags and such like are all damaged old, and knackered so it's not like they're plugging any of the money back into the facility, Christ there weren't even any spare targets.
I got a price off them for some .375 brass recently and they want nearly £4 a case for them, but that's ok because " if you knew how far they had to be shipped you'd understand the costs..... " I explained that the federal factory ammo I bought probably travelled just as far and equates to £2.40 per loaded round....!

Rant over.

(Sorry)

Some costs can be a bit mad - I know West London Shooting ground is about £75 for an hour on their zero range, and you can get half a day at BISLEY (including butt marker) for about £80.

Braidwood is £30 an hour. RWS ammo for 7x65r is £60 a box when you find it. Rifle range at Buka in Germany was €2 for 20 min, with 12 lanes and in full use.

How much they charge for Woodleighs is terrible as well. I've seen the Woodleighs trade price list and even with import their margins are ridiculous.
Would love to bring them in myself but not feasible in a a rented place. Maybe one day :)

Join the British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley with £80 annual fees, and book the 100yd range for £10 per half day...

Some folks will clearly continue to extract the urine as long as their high fees are bring paid!!!

Join the British Sporting Rifle Club at Bisley with £80 annual fees, and book the 100yd range for £10 per half day...

Some folks will clearly continue to extract the urine as long as their high fees are bring paid!!!

thats all well and good but a 2.5hr drive vs 500m within my village....
Dont get me wrong, I don't use it often and it is useful when you do need it but they're going to price themselves out soon, but, I suspect they don't care or need customers like me or others who just want an hour here of there, I know I'm small fry to them, they get organisations booking whole weeks out and ultimately the range's primary use is for their own load development so it's just an extra sideline for them I guess.... But that doesn't excuse the £4/case for brass!!

Dont get me wrong, I don't use it often and it is useful when you do need it but they're going to price themselves out soon, but, I suspect they don't care or need customers like me or others who just want an hour here of there, I know I'm small fry to them, they get organisations booking whole weeks out and ultimately the range's primary use is for their own load development so it's just an extra sideline for them I guess.... But that doesn't excuse the £4/case for brass!!

Ok, fair point. It was more a general "they are taking the p*ss compared to others" comment though, and might elicit some interest in BSRC. It might go the other way, and open up a heap of abuse about BSRC though, so battle bonnet is on!

+1 for the above, my little range is only 60m but I have found out that what my rifle does at 60 it will do at 150m

60m from my back garden is the kids playground......I may cause upset if I was so site a gong in place of one of the swings....

60m from my back garden is the kids playground......I may cause upset if I was so site a gong in place of one of the swings....

Youre right... you would need permission from the council to replace the fixtures and fittings... save time and red tape.. just shoot at one of the swings! :D

Try Jim from dvsg over at Chippenham. He has a woodland zeroing facility for hire at reasonable rate.
nice and local.

Is there any way you can contact local farmer or like and ask just for zeroing / load developing purposes ?
Even if someone's permission / stalking maybe try to contact direct & ask nicely ( bottle of tipple) & phone when going ?
Might make a friend even with local ground willing to take you out now m again

Gotta be worth that rather than 40 quid an hour with crap service

Paul

Is there any way you can contact local farmer or like and ask just for zeroing / load developing purposes ?
Even if someone's permission / stalking maybe try to contact direct & ask nicely ( bottle of tipple) & phone when going ?
Might make a friend even with local ground willing to take you out now m again

Gotta be worth that rather than 40 quid an hour with crap service

Paul

i have permissions locally, but for load development and zeroing an unmoderated .375 and 8x57 I'd soon upset people as its all a bit public.... I have just remembered that there's another outdoor range a couple of villages away though which if memory serves me is out to 300m and was (last time I asked) £10/hr. Didn't think of that first! Always kind of figure no one really wants that many unmoderated shots going off in one go...!

i have permissions locally, but for load development and zeroing an unmoderated .375 and 8x57 I'd soon upset people as its all a bit public.... I have just remembered that there's another outdoor range a couple of villages away though which if memory serves me is out to 300m and was (last time I asked) £10/hr. Didn't think of that first! Always kind of figure no one really wants that many unmoderated shots going off in one go...!

Whats the difference between say 20 shots from a rifle, and a couple of guys shooting 100 pigeons, or for that matter a days driven phaesant, or a bird scarer. It's not as if you are zeroing every day.

Whats the difference between say 20 shots from a rifle, and a couple of guys shooting 100 pigeons, or for that matter a days driven phaesant, or a bird scarer. It's not as if you are zeroing every day.

Neither landowner allows either (pigeons or game).... Solely foxes and deer. It's not that kind of land. Anyway, that's really not the issue, I just wanted to rant at their prices, which I've done, and in the process jogged my memory of another range locally so all is good.

the report from a rifle is totally different to a shotgun.. the supersonic crack can be heard miles away.. I used to have access to a farm that ran a big (100 guns) sporting clay shoot every other week with few issues.. They started letting a few of us use the land for zeroing our rifles and every time we did, there would be complaints from neighbouring farms!

Back