Thread: Hobby making a comeback?

Hobby making a comeback?

Seeing more & more Hobby's recently, last one at Greenfield a week ago, yesterday's whilst setting up for foxing in Oswestry, anyone else seeing more of them?.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

There`s always a couple of pair`s that nest local to me. Enjoyable to see then catching Dragon files and other larger insects in flight.

There's been a couple of pairs on our shoot for a few years, saw two tonight.

Often see a visiting pair over the Dorset heathland. Ideal terrain with plenty of damsel and dragonflys for them. Will soon be leaving us for warmer climes though now!

Regularly see them over the marsh here
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Was decoying last year on a large stubble field near 3 ponds and there was a pair flying around there all day. Great birds

Sent from my GT-I8200N using Tapatalk

I've been seeing hobby's pretty frequently the last couple of years in South Cambridgeshire. Also this year appears to be a good year for dragon flies too. Great little falcons to watch.

Beautiful to watch along the banks of the upper ouse not far from where i live (as are the kingfishers), but my favourites in flight has to be the Merlin skimming the heather or a peregrine in a flat out dive.

Good post. It definitely ain't all about the shooting.
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).