Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .223 Brass

.223 Brass

What is 500 of once fired .223 brass worth?

Absolutely nothing, it's a biohazard, a contaminant, and scares non shooters. Send it to me as I can dispose of it safely on your behalf.

That will depend entirely upon what they are. 500 once fired Lapua are going to be worth quite a bit while 500 once fired soviet steel cased berdan primed cases are useless and won't even have any scrap value.
    I presume the cases you have are all the same brand and are in good condition i.e. not having been fired out of a LMG and so every third one or more is badly dinged on the case mouth.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    oh and LMG. stands for le monade gun,

bon.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Shootist View Post
    Absolutely nothing, it's a biohazard, a contaminant, and scares non shooters. Send it to me as I can dispose of it safely on your behalf.
    Thankyou.. all safely thrown out of the truck window.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    That will depend entirely upon what they are. 500 once fired Lapua are going to be worth quite a bit while 500 once fired soviet steel cased berdan primed cases are useless and won't even have any scrap value.
    I presume the cases you have are all the same brand and are in good condition i.e. not having been fired out of a LMG and so every third one or more is badly dinged on the case mouth.
    Cheers, they're all norma.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    Cheers, they're all norma.
    Good cases so I would say worth at least 10 per 100 but some people would probably be prepared to pay more for such quality brass.

Being Norma, I would suggest provided they are guaranteed 'fired once' then 25 per hundred would be my guestimate

I was somewhat surprised nay flabergasted to see than NEW (not once fired) Norma .223 cases are being offered for sale for 91 per 100. By comparison new PPU cases are for sale at 27 per 100.

Crikey I'm well out of touch having been fortunate enough to be able to purchase once fired Lapua .308w cases for basic scrap value in the past and also most of my once fired cases for other calibres have come from a well known German online auction site.

Incidentally I see that roebuck is selling once fired .270win Norma brass for 60 for 300 http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...ass-Once-Fired That looks like a very good buy for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterH View Post
    Being Norma, I would suggest provided they are guaranteed 'fired once' then 25 per hundred would be my guestimate
    Thanks Peter i'd be happy with that, can be collected at Bisley.