Thread: sak moderator

sak moderator

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to loosen a sak mod,tried to loosen it today no joy. Need to give the inside a good clean.

Long soak in penetrating oil, preferably in an ultrasonic tank.

If its on a rimmie remove it ,,,,spray inside with whatever you use,,,stand it nose down to dry ,,,job done no need to strip it,

thanks for advice guys just done it ,stripped it down full of gunk soaked it turps like new happy days.

Mine did this sometimes too. It was a real pain getting it stripped when it had seized. Nowadays, I tend to strip it a lot more often just to keep the cap threads free
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

I bought a sak a few months back for my .17 HMR. There are exploded view in the instruction leaflet for some reason, as according to this paperwork you never have to dismantle these mods.

If it's on a short barrelled HMR they are probably right, it will have lost the first baffle before it's clogged up.
    Mine lasted less than a 1000 rounds on my 14inch annie, at that point the first and most of the second baffle was gone
    and when I unscrewed it to have a look it snapped the baffle body in two.

Good soak then spanner on the flats on the top and jar opener round the body did mine a treat. If opened dry a mask is a good idea breathing in the dust is not good for you.