what do you were when stalking

what do you were when out stalking

• Total voters
Hi Russ,
I tend to mix and match really. Some green, some camo and DPM. Most of all I wear what is comfortable. Today I wore my wellies, moleskin trousers and a Larksin green woolly jumper. I saw five Muntjac deer, only one saw me and that was only because It stuck its head out the hedgerow and walked into me!
To be honest I have tried most gear from Sealand green, Highland tweed and Ghillie suits.

Stay motionless and quiet and you will see more deer and save yourself some money. ;)

realtree etc

i wear some dpm sometimes or some olive green, but beowulf is right. sit still and quiet.

realtree is designed to catch shooters by the wallet.

steve

i wear green usualy my face in envy when i watch the stalkers i take out shoot a deer when it should of been me
no its a great feeling to shoot you first deer and just as satisfying for a stalker to watch you shoot your first one
deer are colour blind so anything out of the ordinary will stand out anything thing that blends in with the back ground will work even blues jeans and a red t shirt if that is what they are used to seeing
good luck on your quest for your first beast

even tho i dnt hav a rifle for deer i go out on my permishon and stalk the roe and muntys just to see how close i can get and get the acheavment of thinking i could have taken you

hey russ where abouts are you ?
and do you take a camera with you as you could post some pics of live ones till you get to grass one

im from leeds west yorks i have some pics some were ill see if i can find them

there is not meny on my permishon but most of the time i see them when im out lamping charleys

would love to see some photos russ
as i am always taking pics of deer i see on my travels
it will give the lads up north a boost to see evidence of munties in their area

Muntjac are not all that well established in Yorkshire at the present time. I have heard there are pockets of animals in certain places but they do not have a continuous distribution yet. Have you seen many?

right no i have only seen 2 and one of them i would not have seen if it was not for my springer flushing it out by accident i dont realy see that many roe i mainely see them whelst out lamping charley.

I wear DPM or Deer Hunter Advantage Timber.

Only got the Advantage Timber as a Crimbo Prezzie from the other half untill then it had always been DPM.

Both work fine, just personal preference I suppose and "Whats in fashon" at the time.

TJ

DPM....i've got a garge full of the stuff. I just go for a rummage when a set of trousers or jacket gets ripped.

Onew of the very few benefits of serving.

I'd love one of those swandri smock type tops but can't justify the price. Does anyone use one and if so, are they any good?

I use the Combat 95 DPM shirt in the summer, just right for warm evenings and keeps the chill off at sunset. ;) I use quite a bit of my old kit but unfortunately I left the RN nearly twelve years ago so most of its knackered. :(

I don't suppose any of you squaddies are in stores at all and have a XXL sniper smock knocking around? ;)

Back