sticks

We use the quad pod sticks mate and instead of using round ramming timber we have just launched them in a square hardwood we will have some on show at scone , regards mark.

Homebase growsticks !!! £1.29 each

View attachment 1632
These come in all lenths, so you can make 7 ft sticks, 3 ft sticks (sitting/kneeling), and even tripod sticks in shorter lengths for prone or sitting. All you have to do is make the holes and fit the screws/nuts yourself :) cannot recommend higher..and cheaper
moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg

If you want to really make sure with DSC1, the quadpods are the most stable. On my DSC couse, some guys who had never shot rifle before used these and passed. But plenty of practise with bipod sticks is still easily doable.

I recal when I did mine with the BDS they provided tripods and those of us that had brought our own were somewhat ridiculed for not being confident enough to use unfamiliar sticks.....then again that sort of sumd up my whole DSC experience.

At the Highclere show I saw some long walking wooden sticks with a cradle at the top which I supposed was to place a rifle in. So, I guess a single shooting stick. Are these any good? Are they stable enough?

One stick would look easier to carry than two or three.

Heres a picture of my sticks made from garden poles, use 3 rubber tap washers with washers for the bolted joints at the bottom and strong tent line elastics at the top, tie the side string so that the sticks fall open at the right spacing for your rifle, the webbing allows some lateral movement.Some people don't like them but they are much steadier then 2 sticks.
IMG_1268.jpg,IMG_1266.jpg

Back