Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hilarious use for your I.R torch

Hilarious use for your I.R torch

By accident i discovered that if an i.r torch is pointed at a solar powered garden light at night the solar light is fooled into turning itself off as it thinks its now daytime.
    Soon as i heard the neighbour open the back door to let the dog out last thing before bedtime i got the torch on and started to "make" the solar lights that light up the garden path flicker, this quickly turned into making them go out and come on in sequence then for a final party piece when the neighbour went to pick a light up i made it go out and come back on when it was put back down,to say the results were rather amusing is an understatement, recon me next trick is to make the lights go out when the dog walks past, many hours of fun with this me thinks !

Man after me own heart
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Excellent for good relations with your neighbour, I wonder how he will retaliate?

My solar powered path lights were flickering and erratic from day one, now in the recycling pile...I wonder if that was caused by a passing stalker/joker with an IR torch, maybe I should get them out and check them under controlled conditions...

I wonder what the torch might do to TikkaT3's rectum when the Guy twigs.

Another thought- burglars can now creep around without triggering pir lights.

I must try that ! as I too have a yappy rat next to me and they love to let it out at 6am and 11pm each night

Superb idea. Gotta have some fun with that.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

Anyone know how/why the ir has this effect?
    is it as i susspect,the sensor is picking up the ir beam as it would daylight? If so how come a camera without is sensors doesnt pick up the ir beam?