Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good Hotel/BB in The Borders

Good Hotel/BB in The Borders

Fine Chaps of The Stalking Directory I desperately need help to identify a good Hotel or B&B in The Borders area for a couple of nights stay on the way back from stalking in Perthshire in the second week of October. OK I know I have left it a bit late which is why I need help. She who must be obeyed is a bit fussy so it needs to be a quality establishment with good food.
    Any suggestions much appreciated.
    Regards to all

The Buccleuch Arms at Newtown St Boswell is worth a look, sits on the side of the A68

Suppose it depends where home is and what route you plan to take.

As Rangers says the Buccleuch Arms is a good bet

Also worth considering is the Lodge at Carfraemill (not a lodge!) also on the A^* and at the North of the Borders region.

Tontine in Peebles is good

Capon Tree House in Jedburgh

Burts in Melrose

Horse and Hound in Bonchester Bridge - a wee bit "deeper " into the Borders but lovely small village Inn that is used by shooting parties and stalkers alike

The food at the Buccleuch Arms has improved 10-fold over the last couple of years & is now really rather good & there's plenty to do in & close to St. Boswells with the borders Gunroom for you & the excellent bookshop & cafe for her. The worst meal I have had in the last 20 years (and I have travelled extensively) was at the Horse & Hound in Bonchester Bridge, albeit sitting outside on a sunny day in a pretty little village.

If we were doing the same & were heading slightly westward then we would probably choose The Trigony House Hotel near Drumlanrig. Had some lovely times & meals there.

Thanks to all for replies- much appreciated,

Let us know where you choose & how it was.

Collingwood arms, Coldstream.

Try the Allanton Inn, depending which side of the country you are heading back down to.

I stopped off there last year when I was picking up my dog, good food and good accommodation.

Can't add much to those already mentioned to be honest! Think I've eaten or had a beer in them all!