Best Bum Bag ????

Monkey Spanker

I've finally decided to go down the route of getting a cammo bum bag after getting hooked up on a high seat and left almost dangling by the various gadgets and knife on my trouser belt! I also have so much crap in my pockets which hinder and annoy at times, as well as a rangefinder which stays a home as I have nowhere to put it!
I've got a Harkila Roe sack which generally stays in the vehicle as I don't like the confliction with the rifle sling which is why it must be a bum bag. I've seen the bushwear one:
http://www.bushwear.co.uk/nostyles.php?ProductID=101433&ClassID=47

and the corbieton one:
https://vault1.secured-url.com/cmsSecure/corbieton/cart/products.asp?CategoryID=14#
Anyone got either of these? I quite like the water bottle addition too.
I'm sure there must be others on the market too?
Any feedback or thoughts welcomed.
MS:)

Re-best bum bag

Hi There,Well i went out and got myself a one from corbieton,£35 quid delivered and well worth the price,i first come across these when i booked a day out with John robson of yorkshireroestalking,John had one and thought to myself they look a handy piece of kit,only thing is you have to trim the belt strap,they must think that everyone who hunts are "sumo wrestlers".
ATB JOHN

I have the Bushware one, plenty of room for drag ropes, knifes, gloves, first aid kit, camera, phone, mozzie head net, hand gel, bone saw and a few other items. I'd highly recommend it.

TJ

I got one from cabelas,took about a week to come,very good and worked out at only £26 with exchange rates and shipping

Bum bags

Monkey Spanker,
Like you I've got a Harkila Roe sack which generally stays in the vehicle. So I was thinking about a day pack for summer use (when you don't have a jacket to put everything in). Bushwear used to do a 15l Stoney Point one which was good (my mentor has one and it is small and stable enough to not interfere with rifle, etc..) but they have discontinued stocking it so it would be a US import. All the other day packs I've looked at seem too wide / obtrusive so I too was thinking bum bag.

I like Rooster's option (have looked at similar but not quite so good) but at the other end of the price spectrum I found this:-

Norrona Kongsvoll Pack
Designed as a day pack for hunting. Sits on the hips with minimum intrusion. 10ltrs of space inside with pocket organises. A zip on the top releases a net bag with rucksack straps to carry the catch home
Price: £69.00

http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Hunting_Packs.html

Looks excellent quality and is purpose made for shooting. Also not cammo so you could wear for treks etc.. (if so inclined!).

I would be interested to hear if anyone on the Forum has used one of these?

Neal

I have a couple of bumbags which are very usefull. I have the bushwear Swedeteam bumbag in Realtree hardwoods green hd which is very good with plenty of support and padding to make it very comfy on long stalks!

ATB

Colin

Looks like the bushwear swede team has the edge! Some of the others look great but are a bit large for my needs. Thanks for the help in choosing!
MS:)

Monkey Spanker
Norrona Kongsvoll Pack
Designed as a day pack for hunting. Sits on the hips with minimum intrusion. 10ltrs of space inside with pocket organises. A zip on the top releases a net bag with rucksack straps to carry the catch home
Price: £69.00

http://www.tamarackgroup.co.uk/acatalog/Hunting_Packs.html

Looks excellent quality and is purpose made for shooting. Also not cammo so you could wear for treks etc.. (if so inclined!).

I would be interested to hear if anyone on the Forum has used one of these?

Neal
ordered one just recently, i can give an opinion in two weeks time.

One thing to remember with all decent sized bum bags is that when they get a fair bit of gear in them, they get heavy.

Then, after a bit of a walk, they start to slide down over your hips in a most irritating fashion. So you have to keep re-adjusting. And they keep doing it until you go mad.

So you really need a bag with optional shoulder harness to prevent this happening.

Or a fat arse. ;)

One thing to remember with all decent sized bum bags is that when they get a fair bit of gear in them, they get heavy.

Then, after a bit of a walk, they start to slide down over your hips in a most irritating fashion. So you have to keep re-adjusting. And they keep doing it until you go mad.

So you really need a bag with optional shoulder harness to prevent this happening.

Or a fat arse. ;)

Or a waist! JC

Can you not thread through loops in your breeks for a belt? Some trousers have fairly healthy belt loops like my deerhunter RAM's

I have a snugpak one good well made bag but you can't get much in, a tad to small if you ask me. On another note the guys with the roe sacks they keep in the boot, harlika ones you fancy selling one?

I bought one off e bay about £15 looks the same as the Corbieton one, this is smaller than the Swedteam one as a friend uses that model. M ine has more than enough space plus came with a small water bottle that on a full day out is a god send.

I would just advise don't go too big, its human nature to fill them.

Back