Thread: whole leg what do do with it?

whole leg what do do with it?

hi guys

i was thinking about trying to get a whole venison leg joint and then inviting some friends over for dinner.

what would you suggest to do with it to make them think wow!!!!

many thanks

filll with stuffing

serve with ruff mash mixed Roots ie potato Swede Turnip

make a Port gravy from the roasting tray use celery onion garlic etc to put he meat on

well would you look at that.

thanks very much

Bone it and roll it which makes it easy to carve, serve it as pink as you dare. 15 minute a lb in a hot oven and let it rest for a further 15 mins. Slice it thinly and serve with a red currant and port reduction. Takes no cooking and tastes delicious and is always a crowd pleaser.
    When I next manage to knock one over I'm going to try and make some prosciutto, that looks really impressive.
    If you want to be very fancy you could try fois gras stuffed venison loin carpaccio as a starter as well. Looks amazing, tastes better but again it's sooo easy.

I can recommend this book by a Top chef and long time stalker

thanks guys, theres a few things to try

il keep you updated

There are a couple of ideas here ..
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

County Durham
    Blog Entries
    I've just done a bone in roe haunch in the slow cooker with a can of coke for 8 hours. Then pull of the bone and mix with homemade bourbon bbq sauce and stuffed into Yorkshire puddings. Was epic!!
    Last edited by Co1; 02-10-2016 at 19:47.

Must have been big slow cooker , I couldn't get a roe haunch in mine
    Might have to look for a bigger one