Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many is too many?

How many is too many?

It has been suggested, by my recently moved in girlfriend, that I may have enough / too many heads in my house.

How many is too many?

For clarity I have the following.

Shoulder Mount

Cape Buffalo, Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, Springbuck, Warthog, Impala, Steinbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck, Nyala, Chinese Water Deer

Skull Mount

2 Chamois, 3 Springbuck, Red Stag, 14 Roe

One full mount Woodcock in a glass case.
    One Zebra flat skin and three other flat skins.

Should I argue that she moved in with me??!! Brave but foolish....
    Should I consider a one in on out rule?

A rather hen-pecked PHJLA

firstly what is it you live in, 1/2/3 bed house or a remote mansion.
    to be honest you should have got her to sign a pre taxidermist nuptial ha ha which states all items stay.
    the she moved in bit is a wee bit harsh.
    i suggest that that you have enough and shouldn't add any more.
    You could always do what my wife made me do, all skulls are in boxes under the stairs until shed is built......

no matter what you do or say you will be wrong, its only hard coming to terms with if you don't already know it.

Thin end of the wedge Patrick. First it's the heads.... next it will be the guns!

I have a nice pronghorn antelope shoulder mount and would exchange for a pretty young thing.
    Only joking, take her to do a DSC1 it may wake up her dormant amazon side.

Hi Patrick

If you can get away with keeping that lot I think you will have done rather well

I'm restricted to my gunroom with mine and its starting to get a bit crowded.

When I got my Sika stag back last year I put my foot down and told the other half it was going in the dining room she said "no problem dear if you want THAT in the dining room thats fine but you will be sitting in there on your own and cooking the food you are eating yourself " so that's in the gunroom as well

Atb Wayne

mine are in my office (at work!)

Rather risk offending customers/suppliers etc than er indoors

Quote Originally Posted by Iwrch View Post
    Under one roof?

Trophy heads - never too many until you run out of wall.

Human heads - One is sufficient. Adding a second, however pretty it may be, as you have discovered, may be one too many.
    I think you get the picture, got it in one here!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I was all done by the time you got to Cape Buffalo .I used to have lots of roe deads then even i said enough enough. I have have three roe heads skull cut only in the house one bronze silver and gold and thats it all the others went on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by csl View Post
    Thin end of the wedge Patrick. First it's the heads.... next it will be the guns!

To paraphrase Charlton Heston... from my cold dead fist....!

I think I may let it lie as she does have some rather nice Fallow stalking in Sussex and is very happy for me to shoot, particularly when it put meat in the freezer! I still want a really good Roe, Muntjac, Fallow, Red Stag and Sika so maybe the debate will continue....