How many is too many?

Patrick A

It has been suggested, by my recently moved in girlfriend, that I may have enough / too many heads in my house.

How many is too many?

For clarity I have the following.

Shoulder Mount

Cape Buffalo, Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, Springbuck, Warthog, Impala, Steinbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck, Nyala, Chinese Water Deer

Skull Mount

2 Chamois, 3 Springbuck, Red Stag, 14 Roe

One full mount Woodcock in a glass case.
One Zebra flat skin and three other flat skins.

Should I argue that she moved in with me??!! Brave but foolish....
Should I consider a one in on out rule?

Best

A rather hen-pecked PHJLA

hi,

firstly what is it you live in, 1/2/3 bed house or a remote mansion.
to be honest you should have got her to sign a pre taxidermist nuptial ha ha which states all items stay.
the she moved in bit is a wee bit harsh.
i suggest that that you have enough and shouldn't add any more.
You could always do what my wife made me do, all skulls are in boxes under the stairs until shed is built......

no matter what you do or say you will be wrong, its only hard coming to terms with if you don't already know it.

Frank,

Thin end of the wedge Patrick. First it's the heads.... next it will be the guns! ;)

Alex

I have a nice pronghorn antelope shoulder mount and would exchange for a pretty young thing.
Only joking, take her to do a DSC1 it may wake up her dormant amazon side.
Martin

Hi Patrick

If you can get away with keeping that lot I think you will have done rather well :D

I'm restricted to my gunroom:oops: with mine and its starting to get a bit crowded.

When I got my Sika stag back last year I put my foot down and told the other half it was going in the dining room :cool: she said "no problem dear if you want THAT in the dining room thats fine but you will be sitting in there on your own and cooking the food you are eating yourself " :eek: so that's in the gunroom as well:scared:

Atb Wayne

I was all done by the time you got to Cape Buffalo :D .I used to have lots of roe deads then even i said enough enough. I have have three roe heads skull cut only in the house one bronze silver and gold and thats it all the others went on ebay.

Thin end of the wedge Patrick. First it's the heads.... next it will be the guns! ;)

Alex

To paraphrase Charlton Heston... from my cold dead fist....!

I think I may let it lie as she does have some rather nice Fallow stalking in Sussex and is very happy for me to shoot, particularly when it put meat in the freezer! I still want a really good Roe, Muntjac, Fallow, Red Stag and Sika so maybe the debate will continue....

PHJLA

My wife refers to trophy space as the mortuary. I refuse to get rid of any heads but I do have a few on medium term loan to my parents - add some style etc etc. The wall space in the office is begining to disappear so a new strategy might be required.:?:

As has been said depends on the size of the house. If you live in a 2 up 2 down its probably a little bit too much. As has been suggested maybe a shed? or one in one out or the garage wall. I am a long way off fill all the wall space yet mind. Its my dream to have my own shoulder mount cape buff on the wall but they are big and need some space.

George

your house, your heads. if your going to thin them out then i suggest you do it on a quid pro quo basis. im not suggesting what you might get for the buff head :evil:.
I had similar domestic scenarios re keeping maggots in the fridge etc some you win some you lose. this scenario reminds me of the saying " if a man speaks in a forrest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Currently 8 in the one bed cottage we've been renting; all skull mounts - 4 roe, 2 red, a fallow & a sika. There's also a stuffed woodcock waiting in storage. I'd like to add a repesentative muntjac, and also a cwd if the chance ever presents itself. Shortly moving to a bigger house, so I'll see if I can smuggle a few more in! Might be worth taking your girlfriend to Glamis Castle.....massive collection of heads which should convince her she's got off lightly!

never too many

like you said she moved in with you, she knew they were there so why try and change things. tell here just a few more and ill be done.:lol: hey dont take advice off me im single because i got the old "you love shooting and fishing more than you love me" and i aggread.:lol:

It has been suggested, by my recently moved in girlfriend, that I may have enough / too many heads in my house.

How many is too many?

For clarity I have the following.

Shoulder Mount

Cape Buffalo, Kudu, Gemsbok, Waterbuck, Springbuck, Warthog, Impala, Steinbuck, Duiker, Blesbuck, Nyala, Chinese Water Deer

Skull Mount

2 Chamois, 3 Springbuck, Red Stag, 14 Roe

One full mount Woodcock in a glass case.
One Zebra flat skin and three other flat skins.

Should I argue that she moved in with me??!! Brave but foolish....
Should I consider a one in on out rule?

Best

A rather hen-pecked PHJLA

Either bin her or buy a bigger house. Simples...

Build her a walk in shoe closet.

It is to women as a penis is to a lonely adolescent.

You won't be able to justify wasting space in the home unless she also is.

Best luck.

I work in the biggest trophy room anyone can have. But also have some of mine on the wall at home, although there are about 35 more to join them, when I get round to doing them.

You can never have enough gun or enough trophies :D

At the moment in my home office I've got a red stag and a roebuck...5 x african sholder mounts to join 'em in the not too distant!!:D

My wife doesn't like them, so I said I'd keep them in my upstairs office; fairly out of sight for her, I get to look at them when I'm working from home. We're both happy! Until I ever nail a cape buffalo that is...my office ain't THAT big!!;)

Back