Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thermal imagine spotter - advice & demo

Thermal imagine spotter - advice & demo

Good afternoon, I'm looking at purchasing a thermal imagine spotter, have looked at various magazines and you tube clips but it's still a mine field with these. I'm looking at spending about 2k. is there anyone with units that could give there opinions and possibly a demo. I don't want to spend a fortune on something that I end up disliking, I'm going to be using the majority of my time on foxes upto about 500 and also deer movement slightly further. I know Scott country do 7 day trial but would like to speak to some one who is not trying for the hard sale 😀I live at Carlisle and often up at Lockerbie area and travel to Workington most days if any available to give a demo within these area's it would be appreciated. If anyone available can you PM please. Is there any thermal imagine shows any where in northern England/ southern Scotland coming up that anyone knows about? Have a good day. Wayne

I have the XD50S (believe it has now been superseded) however have to say I'm very impressed with it. It totally changes night shooting for rabbits and foxes. They may be expensive but I would say worthwhile

If you can get over Teesside way I can let you try my thermals, see what you think before you go spending big money.
    Last edited by .243Hunter; 29-09-2016 at 12:42.

Just having a chuckle here, Trying someone elses thermals on?, & I imagine quite a lot about imaging gear too
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Wayne I run a hd38s and live just outside Carlisle. Pm your number and we'll arrange an outing

If you want to buy new, then it has to be a Pulsar XQ38 or XQ50.
    If second hand, then a Pulsar HD50s or XD50s.
    A used WT-37 from Night Vision Store is also worth considering
    There are some new thermals from ATN , but their reliability and back up is iffy to say the least
    Guide are good, but seriously overpriced
    FLIR are also OK but they only sell the slow refresh rate units outside the USA because of the ITAR regulations.
    That's pretty much it at the moment, although there will no doubt be more kit becoming available in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just having a chuckle here, Trying someone elses thermals on?, & I imagine quite a lot about imaging gear too

I have been told that the new XQ range are a higher spec than the XD range so a lower number XQ can be as good as a higher number XD

Stretch your budget to the xq38. I've had hd38s hd50s xd50s and now this it's awesome you won't regret it!!

Cheers for the info gents, I will get to the PM's tomorrow. Time to go and see Mr Fox now ��