How far is too far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTDay

Following on from the How many is too many thread.

We have the following scenario.

Bright clear crisp early morning, good vantage point, looking into thick cover with scattered occasional clear ground from 200m out to the safe back drop at 1200m, breeze less than 2 mph.across the whole site. Chosen quarry species red hybrids.

Rifle, ammunition, scope, range finder and hunter etc. Are all well tested and capable of hitting their chosen target out to 1200m.

So how far is too far to shoot?:tiphat:

I'll kick it off, if it all feels good, I'm happy and these deer are cull beasts rather than it being a "sporting" outing, then I'd be happy enough out to 350.
If it were sporting then 250 max, with a guest , depends on their capabilities but I'd probably leave alone.

Is this not a repeat of a thread just locked. Do I get the feeling that admin is standing in a room with no one listening!!

Same person starts the same thread again!!! delete button at the ready.

Last edited:
Following on from the How many is too many thread.

We have the following scenario.

Bright clear crisp early morning, good vantage point, looking into thick cover with scattered occasional clear ground from 200m out to the safe back drop at 1200m, breeze less than 2 mph.across the whole site. Chosen quarry species red hybrids.

Rifle, ammunition, scope, range finder and hunter etc. Are all well tested and capable of hitting their chosen target out to 1200m.

So how far is too far to shoot?:tiphat:

the simple answer is "its up to the individuals ability" there is no right or wrong answer here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back