shortest muzzle can sound moderator

boar & deer

as above what is the shortest muzzle can mod for a .308 I've got a aimzonic compact on my 243 which I love just wondering if there is anything shorter/better it's going a a short semi weight r8 barrel

Have a lok state the Hausken range - very light indeed much more so than my Utra SL5 and even better it has threaded inserts do you can use it on other rifles with different threads if necessary. I might sell my Utra as the Hausken is all I will need. Nice. Soft touch coating also means it's less likely to be noisy on gates or high seats if you get careless.

ASE Utra SL5 here too. Doesn't do a bad job of controlling muzzle blast and is nice and short. Wont upset balance as much as some even though its not the lightest.

The new SL5i is noticeably lighter than the previous SL5 (I've used both, previous was on a .308 and very effective). I got one in 30cal to use on a .308 that is being built and also a 6.5x47 Lapua. Although it isn't a reflex type, it adds no more overall length to the barrel than they do as it is so short. Plus it's stainless steel so should last longer than an alloy can.

Last edited:
I've just bought a DPT for my 243 and 308 - very light and unobtrusive, certainly impressed so far.

As said ASE make some of the most effective / efficient and well built mods you can buy they are made up to a standard and not down to a cost , the only downside is the weight of some of them

I'm a big fan of the Jet z CQB for upto 22 CF

Back