Tikka t3 lite v browning x bolt

I was preparing my Tikka CTR 6.5 Creedmoor for a trip to the range and I was mentally revisiting this topic. What if the question were, "Browning or SAKO?" What would the responses be? I'm guessing SAKO. Tikkas use the exact same barrels as SAKO rifles and the barrel is the heart of the rifle. Stocks and such can come, go, or stay as the shooter pleases but the barrel makes the rifle.~Muir

Ok thanks for all the advice plenty to think about I think I will try and find some were with both and try and see how they feel. It looks like opinion is 50/50 for either but all agree two good rifles thanks

We have a T3 light, A Bolt Hunter and an A Bolt Medallion. One thing you have to ask yourself is: "what am I going to have to do to make this thing like I want it". Both makes shoot very well. The Tikka as mentioned has a loud stock until you do something about it. Also, the butt pad is not the best and the trigger is just a tad too heavy for my liking, and the magazine is plastic Even with it's very minor faults, we are able to shoot it very well. The A Bolts have a trigger that you can adjust yourself and even improve it if you choose with a spring kit. I like the stocks on the A Bolts better and I like the position of the safety better too. Accuracy wise, they are neck and neck. I like the A Bolts magazine better. It is a hard choice, but you can't go wrong either way, especially for the price.

We have a T3 light, A Bolt Hunter and an A Bolt Medallion. One thing you have to ask yourself is: "what am I going to have to do to make this thing like I want it". Both makes shoot very well. The Tikka as mentioned has a loud stock until you do something about it. Also, the butt pad is not the best and the trigger is just a tad too heavy for my liking, and the magazine is plastic Even with it's very minor faults, we are able to shoot it very well. The A Bolts have a trigger that you can adjust yourself and even improve it if you choose with a spring kit. I like the stocks on the A Bolts better and I like the position of the safety better too. Accuracy wise, they are neck and neck. I like the A Bolts magazine better. It is a hard choice, but you can't go wrong either way, especially for the price.
Why don't you adjust your Tikka trigger? It is adjustable. The triggers are one of the selling points of the T3 to me. Usually better than most right from the box, and after adjustment, are usually as good as one can ask for from a hunting rifle.~Muir

If I remember correctly, the manual said a gunsmith had to do it. I may be confusing it with our Steyr pro hunter which we got at around the same time. I will revisit the Tikka manual. It won't take much, just a pound or pound and 1/2 less will make it just right. Thanks.

If I remember correctly, the manual said a gunsmith had to do it. I may be confusing it with our Steyr pro hunter which we got at around the same time. I will revisit the Tikka manual. It won't take much, just a pound or pound and 1/2 less will make it just right. Thanks.
Tikka includes instruction. Steyr no clue. It is simple.~Muir

An amature like me was even able to adjust the Tikka T3 trigger in about 60seconds. Can't get much handier than that.....

Tikka. Every day!

Hmm. Easy question. Who's got a proven track record for making rifles???

I've got a beautiful handmade Belgian Browning shotgun from 1974 which I love dearly, but given the choice, when it comes to rifles I wouldn't be without a Tikka!!!

An amature like me was even able to adjust the Tikka T3 trigger in about 60seconds. Can't get much handier than that.....
I'll tell you something that surprised me: When i got my T3X CTR the trigger was a heavy four pounds. I adjusted to about 2 pounds but it still had a bit of creep. That creep was completely gone before I fired the first fifty rounds down range. It is clean and crisp right now. Tikka can build triggers.~Muir

Back