Through the mist

John Gryphon

Much to my annoyance a band of mist 25' thick obscured these young stags this morning,it was early of course and they ended up walking across a dam bank as first light appeared. Cranked ISO 6400 helped a little but of 70 pics I canned the lot,saved two only to post here.
I was on my way to another spot to where I saw some big dark bulky boys last night at dark but couldn't get past this lot,I was denied a circuitous route by the flooded creek nearby.

BTW a crack shot would part the ears of the fella looking over the dam bank ah lah sambar style.

dam%20bank%20trio_zps0uifsw71.jpg

dam%20bank%20spar_zpsrdujrcnn.jpg

What? Just at the back paddock I thought you you had to travel miles to find one. 120-320kg would prove quite a challenge to move after being shot unless the mower can drive right to it. They are not quite moose like but larger than the deer in the UK QUOTE=johngryphon;1167478]I will have to park the mower on the dam bank,will that do?:D[/QUOTE]

great photos John,
I always look forward to your posts, some very interesting wildlife down your way.:D

What? Just at the back paddock I thought you you had to travel miles to find one. 120-320kg would prove quite a challenge to move after being shot unless the mower can drive right to it. They are not quite moose like but larger than the deer in the UK QUOTE=johngryphon;1167478]I will have to park the mower on the dam bank,will that do?:D
[/QUOTE]

If I put the long range fuel tanks on the mower I reckon I could get there and back.
You may be surprised as to how big an area these boys are living in....at this time of year,where they will be next week who knows.

Back