Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: which Binoculars

which Binoculars

right guys which Binoculars i I'm on i tight budget but would like something decent.

Hi Russ91,

From experience, the words tight budget and optics dont really go well together.

I spent many years buying cheap bino's only to have them break and worse of all, seriously lack in the light gathering and optical quality departments. I remember i was sat in a high seat and my guide was glassing the field saying it was full of deer. i was looking and couldnt see a thing. He passed me his Swarovski 8.5 x 42 binos and there they were. The following week i ordered a pair and have never looked back.

Have a look at the opticron bins, I have a set of 10X50, and find them very good, maybe not in the same league as swaro but I cant really tell the differance with my eyes when I looked at the side by side..

The 8x42 might be better suited to woodland stalking.

Russ, I can only concur with what's already been said. There is no substitute for quality optics. I persevered for a while with a pair of Eshenbachs which while fine for day to day use for looking at boats in harbours etc. simply weren't up to the task of stalking in low light. I now use a pair of Swaro 7x42 SLCs.

I have had Meopta scopes in the past and found them to provide excellent performance for the money. Now that their binos are becoming available over here you might like to consider those as a lower priced alternative although I think you'll still be around the 500 bracket and you may prefer to save for a bit longer and pay the extra couple of hundred or so and get the Swaros or similar.

Kind regards,

Whilst the lads are saying budget and good scopes dont go hand in hand, they do have a point but I got a pair of bushnell trophies of ebay last year for 75 new and they are a great set, there are a few who have commented on how clear they are, and 1 lad even said they were as good as his leupolds. Look around and through as many sets as you can then make your decision! People are often precious regarding their kit and everybody will tell you theirs is the best! I did listen once went out bought a swaro scope and hated it, I know have a meopta on my rifle and well! it still shoots great. At the end of the day you are using them and nobody else so if your happy thats all that counts.

good luck

Ive used a pair of Optolyth 9x63 for years. Vert good optic and light gathering. But they are long and a bit heavy. Have used them more than once as a bipod for the rifle.

Heres a suggestion for you. Look at Brian Foxes site he has binoculars on it, I know the Fox scopes are top class for the money infact Im going to get 1 for myself so it may just be the same for the glasses!