Roedinator RIP my friend

buckup

Today I heard the very sad news that Pete, AKA Roedinator was tragically killed in a car accident. I don't have anymore information than that I'm afraid. Anyone who ever met Pete would tell you he was an absolute gentleman of the very highest order. Generous of his time and knowledge. A real sportsman who could pick up both a shotgun or rifle and put most of us if not all of us to shame.
A tragic loss.
Rest in peace my friend.

That's awful news! What a dreadful thing to happen. My heartfelt condolences to his family and friends

Sad times
Pete was s true gent
met him for the first time on a dogs for deer course in Devon 2008,
our paths have crossed many times since and he has always been life and soul of the event,
last time was the help the heroes shoot at Bisley last year,
RIP Pete and thoughts go out to Teresa and his family

Just heard the news and am I deeply upset by it as I had the privilege of being able to say that I could call Pete a friend. Every thing that Buckup said about Pete is absolutely true he was a gentleman of the first order. My deepest sympathy goes out to his family all of whom are also lovely people.

I was hoping that I may be able to meet up with Pete at Corilium range tomorrow but I don't know if I feel like going now having heard this.

What an awful and sad loss.
Pete very generously gave me my introduction to stalking a couple of years ago and saw me shoot my very first deer. Though I only met him that one time it was evident that he was a true gentleman and an excellent sportsman, passionate about his interests and keen to share them with others. My condolences to his family and to those who knew him well.

Like others I find this news unbelievably tragic.

I also met Pete through the site, initially on dog days and long range shooting weekends, and then we would normally manage to meet up once or twice a year. Time spent with Pete was never wasted, whether stalking, shooting rifle or shotgun, or talking about deer, dogs, rifles, shooting or gamekeeping. He was always so full of energy and enthusiasm.

Heartfelt condolences to his family.

As already has been said. One of the good guys. I've shot competitive clays against him, stalked with him at Wayne's, shot game with him at Dom's and shot with him at the H4H shoots for the last umpteen years.

His enthusiasm for the sport he loved was passed onto anybody who met him.
The banter was always a highlight of a meet up with Pete.
Sincere condolences to his family. Deepest sympathy to Teressa
His legacy will live on in his son. Jake. Who's a great lad.

Very very sad news and a very sad day.

Rest in peace mate.

Jon

Last edited:
Very tragic news. Pete was a great character & always cracking jokes. A sad loss to the sporting world but a massive loss to his family who my thoughts are with.

Horrendous new. I've had a bit of banter with Pete and our rifles are sisters
Really sorry and condolences to all he had close

The shock to all the friends and family that surrounds an unfathomable, sudden death like this is always hideous to bear.
I wish all that knew and cared for this gentleman all the comfort that their faith or hope can provide.

Wow,I read this and feel a bit sick Pete was a good friend and we had lots of banter,it is a terrible tragedy and my thoughts/prayers are with his lovely wife and kids.....R.I.P. Pete.

Very sad news. I had the great pleasure of stalking and shooting with Pete on several occasions. My thoughts are with his family. Rest in peace, Roedinator.

I don't think I met Pete, my loss by the sound of it, but the condolences of me and my Admin colleagues go to this family. I cannot begin to imagine what they are feeling.

John

Back