Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Maximum Number Of Guns

Maximum Number Of Guns

Hi All,

As per the title really, I currently hold 2 centrefires and 4 shotguns. A side by side, an o/u and a semi in 12 bore and a 20 bore o/u for my wife and daughter to use on clays.

I've seen another 12 bore side by side that I really fancy but it's more of a collectors piece and I dare say it wouldn'the see that much use. I don'the want to have to sell another to make space for it.

Is there a maximum number of guns that we can hold? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm sure I've read that more than 7 and the house needs to be alarmed but I'm not sure.

I'm going to sound out my FEO but I'must just after some knowledge before hand.

Thanks,

Jim

Just buy it. As long as you keep it secure, thats good enough

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

As long as your cabinet is big enough, you should be fine. Many folks squeeze 7 into a 6-gun cabinet!
    Sako 75 Syn/St 6.5x55mm - Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Some forces (used to?) put limits on the number of guns you can have before you need an alarm etc. I know Avon & Somerset did when I was there.

Don't think TV do, but as my house is alarmed I didn't bother to check.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim xyz View Post
    Is there a maximum number of guns that we can hold? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm sure I've read that more than 7 and the house needs to be alarmed but I'm not sure.
    Dont even ask him to clarify, can of worms

you are well under any nominal level that would require higher level of security and even then it is on a case by case basis!

as above
    just get it

good reason is the ONLY thing they can consider
    word that well and make sure the answer can't be "well you already have xxx why dont you just use that one!?"

Your SGC allows you to 'Possess shotguns' with no regard to numbers. Just buy it and let them know as per usual. I'd be giving them no opportunity to add any caveat to the rights your SGC bestows on you. You jumped through enough hoops to get it in the first place
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    good reason is the ONLY thing they can consider
    word that well and make sure the answer can't be "well you already have xxx why dont you just use that one!?"
    Agreed, but as it's a gun not a rifle, "good reason" isn't needed... Cash and space are the only limiters!
    Sako 75 Syn/St 6.5x55mm - Swarovski Z6i 3-18x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

good point
    assumed it was a rifle!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    Your SGC allows you to 'Possess shotguns' with no regard to numbers. Just buy it and let them know as per usual. I'd be giving them no opportunity to add any caveat to the rights your SGC bestows on you. You jumped through enough hoops to get it in the first place
    Spot on mate!

Ian.

Cheers Guys,

Looks like an early Christmas present is coming my way then. I don't think I'll bother even asking the question of the firearms team.

Jim